Sign in to follow this  
Cristian

e30 Window Problem??

hi guys just wondering if anyone could help me... ahh basically my drivers or passenger door has to be open for my windows to go up or down.. if the doors are closed the windows will not work.. the lights on the window switches go off when door closes also and go back on when door is open... help!!!!

Cristian

I think thats supposed to happen.

With doors closed and key at accesories the windows should work.

I think thats supposed to happen.

With doors closed and key at accesories the windows should work.

thats what i would of thought to but thats not the case.. even if car is on acc or engine is on.. if door is closed windows dont work.. there is a time as you open the door you hear a "tick" noise then turns the lights on( which is normal) but at the same time the window switches lights will come on 2 and then the windows work.. but once closed.. buttons light off and no up or down.

Check the multiplug connector between the door and the body, they get corroded and cause bad connections, also check fuses .

Check the multiplug connector between the door and the body, they get corroded and cause bad connections, also check fuses .

But a normal E30, door open or shut would still allow the windows to go up and down.

I've got money on the fuse box. Fuse or relay.

Mine used to do the same.

Was a crusty connection between the door so I just soldered a new one in and was sweet.