Sign in to follow this  
Cristian

How Low Can You Go????

just wondering how low can u drop and e30?? besides takn springs out... i can buy full set of 45cm drop.. is that low??

Theres been one to many arguments on this forum about this :P

Use the search function, and you'll find plenty.

60mm will put you on the legal limit. I've got a 40mm drop in my e30, and I like the look of that, but it really depends on your taste, and your intentions for your car.

no 45 is not low , but handels nice you could go 100ml drop but doesnt mean it will be a nice ride ,

iv got a 36 lowerd 100 on 19s an it aint the best of ride i will change to adjustibles in future

60ml on good shocks will be nice unless you want to slam it :P

Edited by PBOY

you could go 100ml drop but doesnt mean it will be a nice ride ,

It's an e30, lowered 100mm would be ridiculous.

just wondering how low can u drop and e30?? besides takn springs out... i can buy full set of 45cm drop.. is that low??

Depends what look your going for and what wheels you have.

But at the end of the day its what you want your to look like.

100mm in an e30 i imagine would be sitting on the ground!?! I think im 40 - 50 maybe 55 - 60 actually I have no idea haha, ill find out sometime, im above legal limit though and I have a nice ride.

45mm is quite a decent drop, pretty much on the limit for keeping the rear springs captive. I've gone 60mm front and 40mm rear to get a better stance and i'll occasionally scrape my exhaust on bumpy roads if theres a few people in the car. I wouldn't go any lower but it looks sweet IMO and doesn't cause too many problems.

old pic but same springs:

Posted Image

60mm all round puts it pretty much on the 100mm clearance rule and has it too low in the back, especially if you've got any sounds in the boot. You also start getting into serious camber problems going that low in the back

Edited by Mike

Just wondering re:camber...does it f**k anything apart from eating your tyres?

^^ Yup, halfshaft C.V's and wheel bearings

I know from experience lol

maybe cv's?, and its incorrect tow as well that doesn't help the tyre wear. you can always flip tyres on the rims to get more out of them

before i went adjustable my camber was really bad, almost like something was bent but on both sides. Wasn't that nice to drive, the outside of the tyres wasn't even touching the road and you could feel the tyre rolling over, and in the wet it was just dodgy.

edit- cheers chris, i was never low enough to have cv issues but had heard of them

Edited by Mike

Yea I mean it puts wear on them more excessively than normal use thats for sure, especially if you are heavy footed from the mark so to speak.

It also rips sh!t out of the cv boots.

I was 80mm~ in the back and yea im going to coilovers very shortly. Cant wait.

P.S Mike, the I.E camber plates, subframe bushes etc make a HUGE difference as you know. Id rate them as probably the best cost effective suspension mod if you want to go low.

The car in my sig is lowered 35-40mm on H&R springs, thats about as much i personally would want to go, especially as last week i took out my oil sump on a particularly nasty driveway to my mates bach... i dont think youd have enough travel lowered further either?

P.S Mike, the I.E camber plates, subframe bushes etc make a HUGE difference as you know. Id rate them as probably the best cost effective suspension mod if you want to go low.

yip, my tyre guy hates me though. they are a bit of a mission so not that many people can be bothered. some cars seem to need it more than others too.

thing with these sorts of threads is everyone thinks they have the perfect setup. I'm no different, but have ran quite a few different springs so know what works best for me but it might not be the best for someone who is wants to fully sack it, or someone who just wants to improve handling.

Edited by Mike

McLovin, what have you noticed with the IE camber adjuster, would be interested to hear your thoughts

H&R's are great compared to jamex!

hey,

ive got 65mm drop all around and i like my ride hight its low but i dont find it that low, would like to go lower in the new year but thats just me and hardly anyone on here likes that kind of talk haha. but thats how i like it and a few others.

Matt

^^ hell yeah.

I've never had a problem with sump hitting anything (touch wood) and when I've jacked the car up there hasnt been any marks around it.Chassis rails get pwned on bumps though.

McLovin, what have you noticed with the IE camber adjuster, would be interested to hear your thoughts

H&R's are great compared to jamex!

Less tyre wear, also slighty better grip/handling around corners with the wheels on about -2 degrees camber compared to ~5-6 that it was before...

Although I think the corner handling could be also due to the Re-enforced sway bar mounts and rear swaybar that wasnt in there before.

hey,

ive got 65mm drop all around and i like my ride hight its low but i dont find it that low, would like to go lower in the new year but thats just me and hardly anyone on here likes that kind of talk haha. but thats how i like it and a few others.

Matt

could you send me a pic of hopw low yours is please?? also if you are looking to go lower would you consider selling me the ones you have now if i like the picture?? thanks..

45cm is 450 mm

a ml is a millilitre

hahaha gold

Yeah il hit some pictures up tommo for you guys. um yeah maby but i think i might just compress them futher than buying new ones. But yeah its a good ride hight for now,

Matt