Sign in to follow this  
Matthew

Evryone that sits below 100mm mark

40mm is stupid! Shouldn't get a cert IMHO.

Do you guys bother correcting the camber (at the rear)? Must rip through the tyres.... Plus if your suspension arms are past parallel at you lowered ride height then you'll get nasty handling.

The whole idea of a cert is to make sure a modified car is safe etc. She got 4 new shocks,custom made springs (not compressed,made from scratch at snells) new bumpstops,new shock mounts etc and apart from scraping bumps etc it was firm as,not bouncy etc.Meh cert guy thought it was fine but cops said that you can't get a cert for being that low. Took it to a VTNZ wof place next day and they passed it with the same height and everything.

So basically

Ftp

The whole idea of a cert is to make sure a modified car is safe etc. She got 4 new shocks,custom made springs (not compressed,made from scratch at snells) new bumpstops,new shock mounts etc and apart from scraping bumps etc it was firm as,not bouncy etc.Meh cert guy thought it was fine but cops said that you can't get a cert for being that low. Took it to a VTNZ wof place next day and they passed it with the same height and everything.

So basically

Ftp

I fail to see how 40mm ground clearance can be safe. 40mm is stuff all.

The LVV handbook says it needs to be stiff enough so you don't bottom out, but not so stiff as to affect handling, and that you can't have too much camber. I can't believe that with 40mm ground clearance it's meeting all that. Are you sure it's 40mm to the frame/structure - the rule is referenced to body structure, not spoilers/side skirts, etc.

And beyond that, 40mm would be such a massive pain in the arse. I'm well over 100mm on my Civic with adjusties and I have to be careful sometimes (some driveways)...

Come on the next bimmersport cruise and you'll change your mind about dumping your car on its ass and making it handle like a fat pig. Right Pierre? ;)

e30's can look low enough, and handle good without dropping them on their ass.

aw common dont drop me in it hahahaha

It was 40 odd mm from the front chassis rail as they bend downwards,way lower than the side skirts etc.

Mine is around 50mm at lowest point (front chassis) and it never hits the ground whilst driving at speed. Just have to creep over judderbars and driveways.

Ask Diablo23 aswell,his is even lower than mine.

just to add to that, I had problems with my insurance and im not even very low, (obviously my sig isnt a good indicator)

Edited by QuickSilver

Put it this way, if you cause an accident with a car that low and injure someone else, you're an absolute waste of space.

All you are doing is to get "street credit". Fkn dumb for a daily to be so low.

Hope all you guys realise you void your insurance unless you're certed. It is illegal to take your car out of wof state. :blink:

It was 40 odd mm from the front chassis rail as they bend downwards,way lower than the side skirts etc.

Mine is around 50mm at lowest point (front chassis) and it never hits the ground whilst driving at speed. Just have to creep over judderbars and driveways.

Ask Diablo23 aswell,his is even lower than mine.

haha yeah i have no trouble at all really, just the usual bumps and judders that i scrap a lil on, most ppl have a built infear of a car being low :P its actually not really that bad

Another problem with those going too low is while it might go round corners like its on rails going round an intersection, try it on a bumpy downhill corner at speed and watch the e30 try and swop ends. You will find what was once an easy to control car on the limit turn into something very unpredictable.

yeah crnt say i go speeding around cornors at all. but yeap sweet as

def need to go lower.

yeah owuld my car be prity bouncey once i lower it the extra 30mm

Edited by e30

Rear look s OK, front is too high. Maybe you have some mismatched springs. Get some decent quality supa lows - I think you'll be happy with the result.

yeah but then do you think the rear is still 60mm drop. i seem to think it is not now.

It will look super gay if you lower the back more, as the front wont go much lower..

..my car when it was lower at the gas station- ohh sup bro f**k thats mean as, howd u get it so low!? Uh crappy compressed springs, ohh real thats my eunos over there aye, beemas are pretty mean though aye bro, oi do you smoke up man!! Wave me down when your lapping well have a session.

And thats when i sold my 17's. Haha, i do like some cars that are on the ground, just not all types. I saw these -

http://www.cosmoracing.com/productinfo.asp...19&pid=1165

not sure of drop but $250 NZ??? Cheap as, some on t/m but he wants 450

Edited by Chris C

haha fair enuf i would have thought twice with that tosser talking to me.

yeah i saw those, would any one recomend them, i would be qwite happy getting somthing like that.

cheers