Sign in to follow this  
Apex

06 Astra SRi-T

2006 Opel Astra SRi Turbo (Black Sapphire)

MODIFICATIONS: K&N replacement element, Simota Carbon cold air intake, Pre-catalytic removed and replaced with stainless steel turbo down pipe, H&R Springs, ChipTuning Re-Map. 180kw/320nm)

Posted Image

H&R Lowering kit fitted

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The pre catalytic converters on the SRi are very restrictive I replaced mine with a Quality German made stainless straight through pipe. The spiel says its good for 10hp, I was skeptical but after seeing the restrictive original then driving the car with the new pipe fitted I feel it about spot on! Wont be taking out the main cat as its not that restrictive, Holden will most likely void my warranty, the car will run like S**t, and im also under the belief that NZ is going to be introducing similar emission testing devices as what Ausi uses when going for a W.O.F's soon.

Induction

Befor: Posted Image

Simota Carbon Intake Kit

After:Posted Image

Edited by Apex

nice - sharp looking car!

how long have you had it?

Thanks, unfortunately my fiancé drives it more than I do. We brought it new from Davie Holden in Manukau just over a year ago..

It goes like hell for a modern hatch back, really surprises a few people

Thats a really nice wee car mate congrates, did the intake help much?

Thanks.

It added a tad more response and a heap more noise, given the car wasn’t under warranty I would ditch the pipe that goes over the engine, surely there is no benefit to having a longer intake track mounted over a hot engine.

Biggest gain was the chip at 32kw & 60nm!

Year that intake pipe going over the engine looks to be a waste of time, but wont be that restrictive or cause to much heat soak. Turbo cars love chips! nice

Looks nice. I assume the 180kW is at the flywheel. Otherwise, you'd never get traction would you?

Welcome.

Yea mate at the fly, It’s a laugh watching people try to drive it fast for the first time, it torque steers like hell so they normally end up zig zaging along :mellow:

Man thats a nice looking car mate, would go like no other!

Cheers guys.

The torque steer isn’t bad once you get used to it, I don’t even notice it. She only really jerks around when flawed with Sport mode engaged or with all the driving aids turned off.

I would be keen to line it up with a GTA, it runs mid to high 14’s so it would be close.

Nice looking Astra Graham, must fly when at 100k's++ when you have full momentum.

Family just bought one of the top spec Astra SRi Sport with 2.2ltr motor, runs very strong.

Must catch up some time at a meet.

Boris.

Any ideas for engine transplant for the E30 Touring?

Nice looking Astra Graham, must fly when at 100k's++ when you have full momentum.

Family just bought one of the top spec Astra SRi Sport with 2.2ltr motor, runs very strong.

Must catch up some time at a meet.

Boris.

Any ideas for engine transplant for the E30 Touring?

Thanks Boris, It has plenty of momentum from the get go with no wheel spin at all and really fly’s from low RPM (max boost comes in at 2500RPM) as the Turbo is really small! I have had to back off when chasing an EVO 9 threw some tight stuff as his BIG turbo was still asleep! The 2.2 is a good motor, direct injection and all but it lacks the Coupe/Hatch's looks :unsure:

The Touring will most likely end up with a cleaned up 2.5 at this stage.

Look forward to seeing your minta at a meet too, your paint looks bloody good in the photos.

Edited by Apex

I think it looks bloody nice!

For Sale… Please help the “Graham wants a new BMW fund†and buy it for yourself of someone like you.

Ooh, what kind of Bimmer are you going to get?

Those damn BMW's are so addictive.

Edited by Quailboy

They sure are.. Im actually not sure, we have a few options to look at.

I want a E46 M3 and she wants a 745i.. The M-545i looks to be the best compromise BMW to suite us both.

Driving all three on Sunday.

That's a shame, you havent had it very long?

Had it for a while now, well two years. I try to upgrade every two years to keep things exciting, and with two cars it means I get something different every year.

How did the test drives go Graham?