Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

" Time wasters "

Hi Guys

First of all I'd just like to say that since joining this forum I have enjoyed the interaction I've had with alot of members in here. From a personal and a business point of view.

I'm very pleased to be in a position where I can help, advise and pass on information that I have learnt over the many years I have been in business.....and I must say I enjoy doing it to.

I dont know every thing there is to know about all BMW's or other makes because you are always learning new things everyday. But I am here to help or give advise where to look if you need something.

I am not trying to be negative here..... but I am getting a little peeved off with "time wasters"...... my time

As I said, I'm happy to help anyone, but from a business point of view my time & my staffs time = $$$ = my living

If you want help, just ask. However I cannot fix your car for $25 an hour. Our retail workshop charge out rate is $75 + GST and I'm happy to give 10% discount of labour & parts to forum members. And I can give bigger discounts on non genuine parts depending on what items they might be or who the supplier is. If I was working from home with no overheads ( which I have never done ) things would be different.

If you book your car in with my workshop, either turn up or phone and say you cant make it and rebook it, if thats what you want to do.

We are always busy here and I have to allow "time" to carry out repairs in a reasonable time period...depending on the nature of the repair. And we are normally booked 3-4 days in advance. Any failures or drop ons will be fitted into our daily schedule to try and help out our customers in a reasonable time frame.

Courtesy costs nothing, if you book in here.....turn up or ring me ( your allowed to tell lies if someone else has fixed it )

Cheers

Glenn

PS To the forum moderaters

If this thread starts any negativity....which is not my intention. Please delete this thread.

Edited by botanymotorworx

Guest 540Si

Glenn

For what it's worth you have my full and unswerving support here. A loose "association" like an internet user group (albeit a really cool one like Bimmersport) is fortunate to have you as a contributing member, and as a professional who is willing to give a discount on your parts and services - especially the labour, which is gold in my opinion.

I guess this issue may boil down to the fact that Bimmersport cannot (and probably shouldn't) vet its members and anyone can join and attempt to reap the rewards. So personal responsibility must play a big part here and those who have played fast and loose with your goodwill need to think of who they are mucking round by playing silly buggers.

I haven't been a customer of yours (although my car has I believe ;) ) but if I still lived in Auckland I don't doubt I would give you my custom.

Good on you for speaking out - something obviously needed to be said.

Cheers

Simon

Too right Glen.

Perhaps we could name and shame particularly negative cases if it ever comes to that.

Please respect the forum sponsors. The forum would not be able to survive without them.

Thankyou Simon & Bravo ( sorry...old farts disease I forgotten your name )

I really appreciate your nice comments

I was not intending this to bring out any negativity. Just asking for a little respect and courtesy

Sometimes people just dont "THINK"

Anyway...lets all get on with the great forum we have here

Any questions or help needed

Just ring me

Ph. (09) 2722546 (work)... 7.00am-4.30pm ( thats a lie tho )

or 021921377....24/7 ( but please.....I do sleep.....truley I do )

Cheers

Glenn

I agree with the comments above. Glenn has always given great advice and is no doubt one of our forum's most valuable members.

Glenn, how do you feel about us contacting you to get advice or to get your views on certain matters? For example calling you during working hours may not be such a great idea since you will be busy. Do you prefer to be contacted after hours on mobile or through PM?

I totally agree with you Glenn. Manners cost nothing!

I am a bit too far away from you to use you services, but respect the fact that you have supported this forum out of your own pocket. I hope the locals that are causing the frustration read and act on the comments you have made.

I don't believe that we should "name and shame" them, that will only cause ill feeling and more embarrassment to the forum members that would not treat you in this manner.

Keep up the help and good attitude :)

Edited by Hartage

Once again....thanks guys for the nice comments

I dont mind how you want to contact me Yuen...work hours are fine

After hours is ok too & the weekends if your in trouble

As I said my mobile is 24/7.....but please I do sleep...( some think I dont ?? ) 6.00 am - 7.30 pm is fine

I also agree that naming names is not the way to go.... for those who have done this...I'm still here if you need help

The only reason I posted this was to make people realise how this can effect businesses that they might deal with. Including mine..... I'm not upset about this or offended..... Ive said my piece...lets just all get on with it

Enjoy our cars and our great forum

Cheers

Glenn

Don't worry, Glenn. It's one of my pet hates too.

Sometimes things happen. But at least have the courtesy to call and advise you.

Keep up the good work, you never know. I might drive out to ET with the car for a service next time.

if i lived in auckland,

i would definately be your customer

i have yet to find a decent car mechanic in tauranga

that is actually worth the money i throw at him !

which is why im forever begging for info on here

but i do agree on what your talking about :)