Sign in to follow this  
international

My RED E36 Update...

Went through so much trouble, I had some major nut problems, but all solved after I spent nearly $200 on nuts alone...that was nuts!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Needs lowering for sure...anyone know where to get BMWs lowered at a good price around North Shore area? Thanks!

I like them. A few cosmetic touches and your car will be looking rad.

I like them. A few cosmetic touches and your car will be looking rad.

Thank God, for the first complement...so far my mum and sister have hated them...purely because they were black...I dont understand why we must judge on colour in todays society...

Hopefully the rear will look the deal when I get some of that Euro Styled exhausts...

PitStop quoted $370 fitted

MagWarehouse quoted $250 fitted

both of the same style...

Looks nice. You won't hear this often from me. It could do with being a little lower.

Cheers Cain

Nice mate, normally only older men have nut problems tho

^^^^^^^^^^^^ luvin it

arrr...my motherfreaking driveway....thats the problem...on stock, it merely misses it....if I go lowered...I would prob hit it...but strangly the Z4 is fine...maybe stiffer shocks?

^^that'd be the goer.

Look good.

Sack that shiz.

take out the springs.

Black wheels own

Get the plastic bumpers painted same as the car and lower it alot and that would be such a mean ride, i like that color of th car would look mean with black tints for sure, but then that interior looks cool.

Im afta a white e36 any one got any in mind

Get the plastic bumpers painted same as the car and lower it alot and that would be such a mean ride, i like that color of th car would look mean with black tints for sure, but then that interior looks cool.

Im afta a white e36 any one got any in mind

The bumpers are soon the be replaced by a M-Tech kit, so no point painting these ones. Lowering is on the cards for sure...tints? Ill think about that as I am already low on funds, need a job before I can continue the game, but thanks very much for the input...

nice car mate.........my one looks alarmingly similar...also got the same driveway problems.........haha will post pics soon....

Nice wheels, how wide are they and how wide are the tyres?

I reckon that on an E36 they look best with the stock kit, all the body work painted body colour, and 35% tints. Lowering a bit won't hurt either. Doing anything else to them just looks nasty and cheap, like you're trying to rice out your civic or starlet. (imho of course)

Think I've seen your car outside JC's a fair bit recently as I run in and out? Will look good once you've got kit on and it's a bit lower to the ground, wheels are cool.

E: Hah whoops, apparently you work there.

Won't be coming in much more though! Beamer got written off in an unfortunate series of events :S

Edited by Hi Tower

Nice wheels, how wide are they and how wide are the tyres?

I reckon that on an E36 they look best with the stock kit, all the body work painted body colour, and 35% tints. Lowering a bit won't hurt either. Doing anything else to them just looks nasty and cheap, like you're trying to rice out your civic or starlet. (imho of course)

The wheels are 18s X 7.5 so I had the choice of running 215s or 225s, went with 225/40/18 which overall, matched the original size of 205/60/15 the closest, thus elminate any possible inaccurate speedo reading.

225/40/18 is pretty much the biggest I can go with an ET of 35 on those rims, on full steer, its barely touching the inner guards...thank God for my precise measurements...but as the tires wear down, those gaps would be less of a problem.

Lowering job is coming right up, might need to roll or flare rear guards as now, the back is pretty wide, the extends out of the guards slightly which means lowering it could extreme rubbing...as for the mean time, the fronts needs to come down badly, I would fit my fist in the gap...

Think I've seen your car outside JC's a fair bit recently as I run in and out? Will look good once you've got kit on and it's a bit lower to the ground, wheels are cool.

E: Hah whoops, apparently you work there.

Won't be coming in much more though! Beamer got written off in an unfortunate series of events :S

Hey mate, feel free to come by any Sundays, I work on Sunday shifts now as my reuglar shifts, pretty laid back...

Yes I do see quite a bit of BMWs, including a pretty rare right wheel drive E30 M3 with the plate "E30 M3"...owned formerly by Jerry Clayton I was told...

Guess what...I also saw that black JammasterJames dude...hahaha sh*t it was f**king funny...