Sign in to follow this  
international

My RED E36 Update...

Think I've seen your car outside JC's a fair bit recently as I run in and out? Will look good once you've got kit on and it's a bit lower to the ground, wheels are cool.

E: Hah whoops, apparently you work there.

Won't be coming in much more though! Beamer got written off in an unfortunate series of events :S

Care to explain what actually happened?

have you put em springs in yet bro?

Phoned up Mag and Turbo, they were being fags and said they are booked up until next year and said the charge would have been $100 just the fronts...so no, those springs are still in my boot lol...

The wheels are 18s X 7.5 so I had the choice of running 215s or 225s, went with 225/40/18 which overall, matched the original size of 205/60/15 the closest, thus elminate any possible inaccurate speedo reading.

225/40/18 is pretty much the biggest I can go with an ET of 35 on those rims, on full steer, its barely touching the inner guards...thank God for my precise measurements...but as the tires wear down, those gaps would be less of a problem.

Lowering job is coming right up, might need to roll or flare rear guards as now, the back is pretty wide, the extends out of the guards slightly which means lowering it could extreme rubbing...as for the mean time, the fronts needs to come down badly, I would fit my fist in the gap...

i don't get whats so wrong with that offset and tire? ive got 9s on the rear of mine at et 35 with 225/40/18, rubbed a bit over big bumps or with some one in the back, but got the gaurds rolled and with a full car it is completely fine and the front is also fine

Edited by 328imobbin

Care to explain what actually happened?

Haha no thanks, will say it involved a fair bit of intersection, traffic and rain!

i don't get whats so wrong with that offset and tire? ive got 9s on the rear of mine at et 35 with 225/40/18, rubbed a bit over big bumps or with some one in the back, but got the gaurds rolled and with a full car it is completely fine and the front is also fine

Nothing, purely because the rear drops about 40mm with the new springs which should inccur rubbing...When you got your guards rolled, what were the chances of cracking paint?

Haha no thanks, will say it involved a fair bit of intersection, traffic and rain!

Thanks, I believe that summed things up...sounded like some pretty sidewayz action? Dont worry, Ive been there before...round-abouts...is where fish tail occurs, my tail nearly smashed into a Porsche Carrera, luckly thanks to a very quick recovery, I bet that woman in the Porsche nearly died of heart attack...

Edited by international

Nothing, purely because the rear drops about 40mm with the new springs which should inccur rubbing...When you got your guards rolled, what were the chances of cracking paint?

mines on motorsport suspension at the moment so the rear tire is already tucked slightly inside the guard. you can see how far out the wheel sits in my display pic. when i was having my guards rolled i was told it couldn't be rolled to much because it already had a "factory roll" so all that was done was the inside lip that sits out at an angle was rolled up so it sits flush with the guard now, theres heaps of room for movement in there. if you need it rolled more make sure u remove the bead of silicon inside the guard. ill be lowering mine slightly at the back soon and dropping the front also.

Edited by 328imobbin

mines on motorsport suspension at the moment so the rear tire is already tucked slightly inside the guard. you can see how far out the wheel sits in my display pic. when i was having my guards rolled i was told it couldn't be rolled to much because it already had a "factory roll" so all that was done was the inside lip that sits out at an angle was rolled up so it sits flush with the guard now, theres heaps of room for movement in there. if you need it rolled more make sure u remove the bead of silicon inside the guard. ill be lowering mine slightly at the back soon and dropping the front also.

Yes yes yes...thats the one...the inside lip thats going to rub....thats the one, I would prob need to get that sorted...its not so much the actual guard but the inner lips...whered you get yours done?

Bro it will hardly even rub with a 40mm drop. 110mm drop on 17x8s had no rub with gaurds rolled.18x8s on 215/35/18 has NO rub anymore with a full car even. You'll be fine.

Phoned up Mag and Turbo, they were being fags and said they are booked up until next year and said the charge would have been $100 just the fronts...so no, those springs are still in my boot lol...

Dude, fit them your self, all you need are some $20 spring compressers, it's not hard at all!

Bro it will hardly even rub with a 40mm drop. 110mm drop on 17x8s had no rub with gaurds rolled.18x8s on 215/35/18 has NO rub anymore with a full car even. You'll be fine.

Christ, you are up early lol...right but what tires were you running?

you will be fine bro if there is anyrubb it will be the back inner gaurd (plastic) depending how low you go but shouldnt be a problem , 40ml is fine i know that angelos(damsxc) 318is had no rub when he had them springs in

Dude, fit them your self, all you need are some $20 spring compressers, it's not hard at all!

useing a impact wrench on the main bolt on the shock (32 i think ) keeps thing nice an tight an safe

i have found using just a socket set means theres some knocking in the front (loose shocks)

if you have done other wise good stuff!

useing a impact wrench on the main bolt on the shock (32 i think ) keeps thing nice an tight an safe

i have found using just a socket set means theres some knocking in the front (loose shocks)

if you have done other wise good stuff!

What?

Yes yes yes...thats the one...the inside lip thats going to rub....thats the one, I would prob need to get that sorted...its not so much the actual guard but the inner lips...whered you get yours done?

i got it done by the elite tint guy

did abit of afternoon d.i.y we started by puting in rear springs 40ml drop was not what james thought so in went 60 or which made more of a diffrence, went round the block noticed it rubbed a little bit when he turned hard so did a mint job of tapping gaurd lip in an shaved a lil bit of plastic away inside gaurd so no rubbing what so ever

Posted Image

did abit of afternoon d.i.y we started by puting in rear springs 40ml drop was not what james thought so in went 60 or which made more of a diffrence, went round the block noticed it rubbed a little bit when he turned hard so did a mint job of tapping gaurd lip in an shaved a lil bit of plastic away inside gaurd so no rubbing what so ever

Posted Image

bro thanks for all that dust eating you had with the inner gards lol...Its actually came down a little more...to my surprise lol...

Lower Lower Lower.

Flag the pod filter and buy yourself a grinder and a metal cutting disc.