Sign in to follow this  
keegan13

E36 NEEDS SACKIN

Hey,

I've just bought a '97 316i sedan bmw and needa get this thing on some chromes?

Can someone plz point me in the right direction for good priced chrome mags? If anyone has rims (in primo condition)that they would sell then that will solve this problem aswell.

Cheers.

Edited by ShowStoppin!

I've just bought a '97 316i sedan auto bma and needa get this thing SACKED but LEAGAL!

People i have talked to about it say, to compress the standy springs and shorten the shocks???

As i am not made of money to afford airbag suspension, i am welcoming any tips and advice on suspension that wont cost an arm and a leg!

Cheers.

There have been many topics posted on stuff like this, try searching around.

My 2 cents... I don't think you can be 'sacked' and LEGAL if you don't go with airbags. Keep your money, why pay good money to ruin your car's handling and looks? Save up so you can get a more powerful car in the future that handles and looks great.

Hey,

I've just bought a '97 316i sedan bmw and needa get this thing on some chromes?

Can someone plz point me in the right direction for good priced chrome mags? If anyone has rims (in primo condition)that they would sell then that will solve this problem aswell.

Cheers.

have you thought of checking out the forum sponsors ;) hint hint........ :P

not alot of the members on here like chrome wheels, but different strokes for different folks. What size wheel are you looking for?

Edited by zenetti

I've just bought a '97 316i sedan auto bma and needa get this thing SACKED but LEAGAL!

People i have talked to about it say, to compress the standy springs and shorten the shocks???

As i am not made of money to afford airbag suspension, i am welcoming any tips and advice on suspension that wont cost an arm and a leg!

Cheers.

best bang for buck is to get a set of lowered springs. compressing and shortening is not the way to go. As Yuen said search the forum a wee bit.. there is tons of good advice.

cheers

As Yuen said, there is no such thing as sacking and legal.

Ive done superlow springs in my coupe before. Acheived about a 40mm drop. Looked good (not too low at all) but well well under the legal limit and failed a wof. Have low springs on the car at present. Car is at a good height, not low at IMO but still under just under the 100mm limit. Manages to get a WOF thou.

You can wait when Mag and Turbo have their sales of mags which also come with free Kings Springs deal or you can opt about $500 to get just the springs done at either Mag and Turbo or Mag Wheel House with either King or Dobi springs.

On the other hand, you can search on TM for Jamex SuperLow springs for about $200 and have them fitted.

Another option is to get your standard springs compressed but I was told you usually find you well paying just as much for aftermarket springs.

You can cut those springs yourself if you are stupid enough or you can run desprung...like some of the members around here...aka the SLABs!

trademe dirt cheap or check the sponsers

for a e36 go 18 dont go wider than 8.5

17s are good but 18s are not much more expensive an look beter unless genuine e36 M3

19s only if your runnng the car quite low or it will look like a rollerskate

20s - dont bother

hey man dont dis eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my kuzzys use it hard !!!!

nah fuk dat all good mate

Use the search button... buy adjustables.... its not hard to do... f**k all the posts on here are about lowering now its lame.

Edited by Chris C

trademe dirt cheap or check the sponsers

for a e36 go 18 dont go wider than 8.5

17s are good but 18s are not much more expensive an look beter unless genuine e36 M3

19s only if your runnng the car quite low or it will look like a rollerskate

20s - dont bother

Just had 18s on mine...

Dont go anything larger than 18X7.5 with 225/40/18 on the front....at that measurement, there is no plastic rubbing at all. Anything larger than that, there would be rubbing on the inner guards. I know because I just got this size all round, and it merely misses the plastic inner guards on the inside at full steering.

There is heaps more room on the back if unlowered you can go with 235s or even 245s on a 18X8.5 rims.

What I have just said is based on an unlowered 318i E36.

"somebody sack my E36" .....

"i'll sack your face" i'm rick james bitch!

hey man dont dis eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my kuzzys use it hard !!!!

nah fuk dat all good mate

Doesnt that just make the car slow"er"? due to extra weight? :P

"somebody sack my E36" .....

"i'll sack your face" i'm rick james bitch!

Take it easy bro haha....

Edited by international

You can cut those springs yourself if you are stupid enough or you can run desprung...like some of the members around here...aka the SLABs!

thats how we roll

have you thought of checking out the forum sponsors ;) hint hint........ :P

not alot of the members on here like chrome wheels, but different strokes for different folks. What size wheel are you looking for?

um thinking 18" wit low pro's but will consider anything 17'' and above....depending on price of course haha.yeah i want the chrome... very common but in my opinion i love dat chrome!!! cheers!

Use the search button... buy adjustables.... its not hard to do... f**k all the posts on here are about lowering now its lame.

well add some more interestin 1z!

Just had 18s on mine...

Dont go anything larger than 18X7.5 with 225/40/18 on the front....at that measurement, there is no plastic rubbing at all. Anything larger than that, there would be rubbing on the inner guards. I know because I just got this size all round, and it merely misses the plastic inner guards on the inside at full steering.

There is heaps more room on the back if unlowered you can go with 235s or even 245s on a 18X8.5 rims.

What I have just said is based on an unlowered 318i E36.

ive got 18x8 with 225/40/18 on the front and is perfect. its all about offset