Sign in to follow this  
keegan13

E36 NEEDS SACKIN

Just had 18s on mine...

Dont go anything larger than 18X7.5 with 225/40/18 on the front....at that measurement, there is no plastic rubbing at all. Anything larger than that, there would be rubbing on the inner guards. I know because I just got this size all round, and it merely misses the plastic inner guards on the inside at full steering.

There is heaps more room on the back if unlowered you can go with 235s or even 245s on a 18X8.5 rims.

What I have just said is based on an unlowered 318i E36.

so if im gna sack it out what would be the max 7.5? or 8.5?

ok here are the facts

You CAN run an 18 x 8.5 at 35ET with no rubbing if your car is lowered legally and properly. We tend to recommend 7.5's or 8's but if dish is your thing then an 8.5 WILL work with no rubbing, providing you put the correct size tyre on. If you choose to overtyre the car ie 235 it WILL rub. If you put a 235/40/18 or 245 at the back it WILL RUB!

if you want your car really low LEGALLY you can put a 4 cylinder spring kit in a 6 cylinder (although I do not recommend it)

Talk to the professionals is THE BEST piece of advice I can give you. We have lowered and wheeled over 150 BMW's in the last year or so. Showstoppin give me a call or PM me, come in and see us and we can give you the best advice on how to do everything LEGALLY!! Compressing springs is just asking for trouble. Get a set of properly made lowered springs - you will find the cost is very similar to compressing and 100% safer.

we have plenty of wheels in stock to suit your car

People don't realise that if you cut springs or do anything illegal and have a crash there are consequences! The law will come after you, if they can prove that the car was not up to a WOF level they will prosecute (expect BIG fine and/or JAIL TIME) and insurance will NOT pay out. Don't muck round do it ONCE, do it PROPERLY, and do it LEGALLY.

big rant over

Hey.

Why don't you post up some pics of your Bmw's for us to see?

Zenetti's advise=GOLD.

Cheers

So far Im loving the big rants of Zenetti....including the huge debate on a similar case about 17" vs 18" a while ago...lol...

I was meaning its good advise...I wasn't taking the piss.

Na I take it as good professional advice as well...he actually justifies his answers...including this one and all of his other big rants....sorry you problely mistaken my meaning lol...but I do mean it in a good way lol...

Zenetti knows his sh*t.... perhaps we could compile his good advice into one big post and sticky it for everyone.

I suggest the title be: "Everything you need to know about SACKIN'/SLAMMIN'/DUMPIN'/DROPPIN'/ your BMW."

Hehe, makes me wish i had read through all this before i dropped my bmw :). Pretty much any super low spring you chuck in it your gonna have to get it certed :) im Running 18x8 with 225/35 tyres and have no problems with rubbing at all. Although my cert says they're 18x9" for some reason. If i was to do it again i probably would've started of with adjustables since i've had to cert it on the springs i have. It rides nicely just i have a problem with speed bumps :(. Don't expect to be able to get ur car down to the beach once u've sacked it out.

Hey.

Why don't you post up some pics of your Bmw's for us to see?

Zenetti's advise=GOLD.

Cheers

yeh mate will do asap (when my bro gives back my camera as this is not my computer so do not have my pics)!!...keap u posted...

Yes, go for Zennettis advice, here is an E36 he worked wonders on just recently for me, really good look, ride, performance and price, ... as he says , after 150 + BMWs this year, he knows just what works .. and his service is great.

post-64-1196995992_thumb.jpg

Springs are for losers , ditch em.

KIDDING

If you want an out of the ordinary height and don't have money to spend then you wont get it legal. As the experienced people on here will tell you adjusties etc are the way to go for good handling/height/legalness (wtf is the right word for legalness)

legalness (wtf is the right word for legalness)

legal

I vote this thread title be changed to "I DONT LIKE MY EXHAUST PIPE" ;)

Thats the one.I had longeverty in my head for some reason. lol.