Sign in to follow this  
Brad-325i

3rd brake light

Yo for some reason my brake light in my rear window only works when my headlights aren't on??? fukt if i know why but its getting a bit annoying when i am constantly pulled over by police at night.

The guy who had it b4 me got some alteza style tail lights installed b4 i purchased it. u reckon tat could have anything 2 do with it??

Any ideas guys?

Cheers,

Brad

Sounds like it's been tapped into the wrong wires. Mine was spliced into the wiring that runs to the brake lights in the tail lights.

Sounds like it's been tapped into the wrong wires. Mine was spliced into the wiring that runs to the brake lights in the tail lights.

yea so are mine but i have no idea which ones its supposed to be spliced with. haha dose anyone know the colour of the wires they are supposed to be with??

Cheer,

Brad

In many NZ-new cars I've seen BMWs simply wired into the brake lights at the lense end...

Any autosparky can find the correct wires for you.

If it goes without lights on then the supply is correct but the earth will be tapped into a tail light wire - should be into a brown (earth in all BMW & other Euro) wire