Sign in to follow this  
misgvous_1

X3

saw the new X3 2day.

sort of looks like the X5 did a dr evil and created the X3.

quite nice lookin.

any1 no how much they goin 4

The X3s lights at the back looked like theyve been pushed up the back door.

U G L Y

Wats up with ASCs ugly new front kits and ugly wheels?!?

Guest Spargo

I like it, saw one the other day. Its the perfect size for a 4wd i think.

Looks alright imo but I bet ya a Model A Ford will go further into the bush/off road than one of these bloody things.

In comparison, the X5 looks outa proportion imo. Especially the rear wheel arches. The wheels look so small, then theres a huge space between the arch and window. I do like the huge kidney grilles, but I think the X3 looks better overall.

Edited by E30_318i

A wee bit small, same size as Freelander, but much more expensive!! Price starts from $92k for the 2.5l up to $112/4k for the 3.0l. That's without options, just ask shadowninja how much a BMW CD stacker costs!! Most of what's on the showroom have options added hence higher prices.

The X3 feels like a 3 series, with height, meaning still quite small. Some parts are recognisable from other series. The 1 series's dash will be similar to the X3. If anyone is planning to get one, better wait until the TV/NAV option is available in a few months, as the area where the NAV/TV would sit is currently has an ugly mass of plastic. Yuck.

Good value for money? Better get a CRV. Will it be good value for money 5 years down track as a 2nd hand? Hell yes! Let someone else eats the hefty depreciation first :)

PS: I just checked BMW USA's site, the X3 starts at only US$30k (NZ $55k). Damn, that's seriously a tempting vehicle at that price.

post-2-1086777546.jpg

Edited by 318Touring

the back lights look awfully rice.... other wise a nice little 4wd, i dont know why BMW bothered tho... other than to make money obviously.. 4WDS like that size, rav4 vitara etc are soo gay, BMW should have left that niche well alone...

Guest Speedye30

Yeah, we saw it a couple of weeks back at the dealer. Must say I like the x5, heaps... so why not make it look like a miniature one of those? But I'm sure the styling will grow... it usually does with bmws... :jap:

X3 is more like a city 4wd car.

In terms of manlyness, its less the tree chopping deer killing dirt machine, and more of a metrosexual.

X3 is more like a city 4wd car.

In terms of manlyness, its less the tree chopping deer killing dirt machine, and more of a metrosexual.

yes, you have hit the nail right on the head.

It is filling the BMW gap in that market niche more out of necessity than desire I think. However for what it is, I quite like the look of them, but I would never have or want one.

Cheers

I haven't taken the time to see it in the flesh, the local dealer has sent me numerous flyers on it etc. but just doesn't do it for me.

I have mixed feelings about BMW doing the SUV thing, even more so with the Porsche Cayenne. Yeah sure it will still chew up the tarmac on the track... but you can't honesty say that thing is a Porsche!!

Guest Andrew

I'd rather have a new Land Rover Freelander - similar size - look better.. and would pwn any bmw off road.

The Freelander and X3 + X5 are all city tractors

There is no way they would even look at off road :(

The X3 and X5 are sport cars on stilts and all most the same for the Freelander.

At the end of the day:

1# get a sports car for road

2# get a family car if you need one

3# get a 4X4 if you need to go off road

dont need to tell you lot that ay : B)

Guest Andrew

The Freelander and X3 + X5 are all city tractors

There is no way they would even look at off road :(

The X3 and X5 are sport cars on stilts and all most the same for the Freelander.

At the end of the day:

1# get a sports car for road

2# get a family car if you need one

3# get a 4X4 if you need to go off road

dont need to tell you lot that ay : B)

Nah man - the Freelander is awesome off road. Its built for it - just look at landrover experiance - the only problem with it is that its too low

yes the defender is soo much cooler, my old man was looking at getting one, extra options were things like snorkels, winches etc, now thats a 4WD...

Guest Andrew

yes the defender is soo much cooler, my old man was looking at getting one, extra options were things like snorkels, winches etc, now thats a 4WD...

Its a sh*t.. sh*t.. sh*t car to drive on the road.

Note to any defender buyers (probably shouldn't tell ya this hah) Look at the the rear door - note how the bottom of it has been missed by the paint robot - in fact the whole back of the car is has paint missing - all door jams will have paint missing. Build quality is terrible - expect doors not to open or close. Windows not opening - heated seats not working. A/C not working. Obviously on PDI they will try fix these problems. Its unfortunate the build quality lets these cars down so badly.. $70 000 .. ouch.