Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

e46: full sat nav install

I'll bet... it's like having a new cockpit! The steering wheel looks good, at first I was wondering why you didn't get the walnut piece painted silver as well but that might make it look a bit busy aye.

Cool, that sounds pretty good. So to sum it up, if you buy a Jap import with nav, get one after 09/00? What is the significant of that date - is it when they started putting in radios with a world tuner?

Hi Yuen,

Yes, the date is when they introduced the world-tuner. Means you can reprogram rather than replace the tuner. Makes the conversion cheaper. Plus the world tuner, which is a new-generation or NG tuner, has the following key feaures:

a) the voice instructions blend in with the radio, rather than totally muting the radio. This is a great feature, because with the old-gen radio you keep getting interrupted by voice instructions. The new-gen radio delivers the instructions in a much more unobtrusive way.

B) the new-gen radio, from a certain date, has AUX-IN capability

c) the new-gen radio, from a certain date/SW versuion, has MP3 ID3 text support for the BMWE MP3 CD changer

Also, from just before that date, they introduced the widescreen bordmonitor, so you get that as an extra benefit as well

Jochen

Question for Jochen or anyone in the know ...

Would a single disc in dash CD player from the US, Europe or Japan also work in New Zealand?? E46 model ...

I bought a philips one originally (e46 dash) which has all regions in service mode.

Ones from europe defanitly. My Original headset was ajap only and didnt have any regionlisation settings.

Sorry to thread jack again ...

But really need a reply on this one ... Am about to buy a business CD player from the USA from a guy that took it out of his 2004 E46 M3. He said the model number was CD53 E46. Question - would this unit work in New Zealand?? How do I go about finding out if it would??? Thanks

Yep, CD53 is a new generation (world tuner) unit. These were phased in from 03/01 in the E46. If it is as he says - then yes - will work here

Yep, CD53 is a new generation (world tuner) unit. These were phased in from 03/01 in the E46. If it is as he says - then yes - will work here

Wicked ... exactly the info I need. THANK YOU !!!

Hi i have e46 201 bmw and has the tv n nevigation .navi dosent work can ani 1 help me .Also i nee the engine splashguard that fits at the bottom of th engine.

Edited by blackbmw

Hi,

I am thinking of buying 7series 2007 model in japan...can I convert tv, radio and satnav easily to suit australia??

any help apreciated..

thanks///taki

Question for Jochen or anyone in the know ...

Would a single disc in dash CD player from the US, Europe or Japan also work in New Zealand?? E46 model ...

I am thinking of buying 7series 2007 model in japan...can I convert tv, radio and satnav easily to suit australia??

the answer is a clear NO.

The newer cars use a fibre optic MOST system that is much much much much harder to change, and to my knowledge no one has ever changed one yet.

TV will go

Radio will go if car is reprogrammed from Jap to Euro, but BMW won't allow that to happen

Nav requires hardware change, noone knows if it will work.

hey jochen/wire

im thinking of buying a 2000 e38 with the 16:9 sat nav

now its a Singaporean import how easy would it be able to convert to nz, and get bluetooth working aswell?

cheers

Yep, PM me. Cheers

Pinned this topic as quite a few people are buying e46 vehicles these days.

enjoy :)

Hay I got an e46 also with the same sort of system, my car was imported from UK so I need the DVD for NZ maps, do you know where I could get it other than BMW which I heard cost about 600!!