Sign in to follow this  
Apex

E30 Touring

Here’s my new wagon. First thing I did was call Neville Bull at Dent Magician who did a marvellous job at removing a couple of shopping trolley dents. After 6 hours of hard work and half of the Meguiars range she come up like new, everyone that has seen it can’t believe it is the original paint job! I have had the windows tinted and added a Euro plate and pimp $28 repco remus also..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Im Looking forwarded to fitting a 2.5, LSD and new clutch lining in the New Year.

Edited by Apex

Bloody awsome. Gotta love E30 Tourings!

Thanks Guys!! I love it, it’s so retro cool! I laugh my head off at Japanese wagons when im cruising in her, even if they can blow my doors of!

That is so dam hot!

What type of muffler is on it?

Stock, I have just added two bolt on tip extensions, it needed the hole filled in so I guess they will do in the mean time. I have a few plans for this car but will reframe from asking stupid questions until I have exhausted myself researching the web! I had no idea how much of a cult following the E30 has nor did I realise the amount options available for them!

Edited by Apex

Please don't change the basketweaves.... they look hot as they are!! Just drop it a bit and it will look the business!!

that looks really nice, congrats on the buy and entering the e30 world

i would hope you would keep the current wheels..15" weaves are a legendary e30 wheel, best ride and handling in an e30 IMO...much lighter than most bigger wheels

a 2.5 or a cheap 2.7 using the current head would make that a beaut

I do plan on keeping them, I meant Momo wheel as in steering! The only wheels that would replace them would be BBS RS Split Rims, but that would be down the track as would rather spend the money on make here haul first. Im sure there is something wrong with the engine, the owners manual sagest It will hit 100 in 9.8 seconds buy it feels more like 20, I would best describe it as lethargic if that makes sense, I have an old Corolla with a 1.3 2E carburetted motor that would dick her in performance! ! Its leaking oil all over my drive also.. So I will need a 2.5/7 sooner than later.

I do plan on keeping them, I meant Momo wheel as in steering! The only wheels that would replace them would be BBS RS Split Rims, but that would be down the track as would rather spend the money on make here haul first. Im sure there is something wrong with the engine, the owners manual sagest It will hit 100 in 9.8 seconds buy it feels more like 20, I would best describe it as lethargic if that makes sense, I have an old Corolla with a 1.3 2E carburetted motor that would dick her in performance! ! Its leaking oil all over my drive also.. So I will need a 2.5/7 sooner than later.

Fantastic looking E30. Have the original Touring colour brochure/booklet (27 pages) and it states 0-100km in 11.5 sec

same as 318i touring(auto 13.2sec) You have to remember the 2ltr only has 164nm (121ft-lb).

Did you get a pre-purchase done to check compression etc? Maybe engine a bit tired??

very nice car mate.

you could allways build a real one off monster and drop an s50 b30 or b32 into it, man that would be fun :D .

but just an idea as it wouldn't be cheap.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I was just going off the owners manual.. Would be keen to see that brochure at some stage?? Do BMW keep them in an archive?? I know Toyota keep brochures fore most models dating back to the 70’s.

Im only looking for 150kw, I wonder if that is achievable using the 2.5 or 2.7.

There is a member on here (boydusM325i) with 215hp (roughly 150kw) from his 2.7. It has had quite a bit of work done to it to get there.

He's using a 288 degree shrick cam, the 325i 885 head (which requires a skimming of the block, and 325i pistons), and he's removed the air flow meter using a mapecu. Not sure if he's done any head work. And I think he might have a set of extractors to, but not sure.

Edited by antony

Congrats man!! Tourings look sick with an mtech kit! yours has to be the best ive seen. will be a realy nice crusing car with a 2.5/7

Thanks for the comments guys.

I was just going off the owners manual.. Would be keen to see that brochure at some stage?? Do BMW keep them in an archive?? I know Toyota keep brochures fore most models dating back to the 70’s.

Im only looking for 150kw, I wonder if that is achievable using the 2.5 or 2.7.

You are welcome to check out promo brochure.(all about E30 Touring only)

Brent has a good E34 M30 engine 3.5ltr, stock @ 155kw approx, strong torque @ 305nm. Drop that in like an Alpina B6s, Rob @ Bavarian put one in his E30.

That would be the cheapest/quickest way, you can't beat cubes.

They are so much nicer than stock, only problem I have now is that I can only see half my speedo!

They don't cut the top half of the steering wheel to reduce the weight...

Car's looking nice... *cough* pictures of wheels */cough*

Edited by JP

They don't cut the top half of the steering wheel to reduce the weight...

Car's looking nice... *cough* pictures of wheels */cough*

Ok im looking at a set of these (Work Equip 03) 15x8 front and 15x9 rear. I really wanted a set of BBS splits but at the price they are I really can’t justify it.

Posted Image

I am modelling this wagon as inspiration.

Posted Image

Iv seen those top ones, or a set like them on ebay for cheap, cant remember how much...

Found them, dont think they are as nice as yours. Offset is wrong but spacers could sort that out-they are pretty cheap.

Click here.

Edited by E30-IS

Granted they don’t look as nice as the BBS but at half the price…

Save up for the BBS mate, those gold ones just look all wrong to me.

Agreed - Save the cash it will look better in the long run.

Personally i think it looks mint on the baskets.

Granted they don’t look as nice as the BBS but at half the price…

I understand completely, but it already looks great on the basketweaves so I suggest you save your money and wait until you can get the BBS. This isnt meant to be as rude as it sounds but the gold ones will always say you compromised because you couldnt afford the BBS.

If you can wait and can save up, the BBS would just be the t!ts. If not I think the basketweave already look better than the gold ones.