Sign in to follow this  
Apex

E30 Touring

I'll buy the Touring! The cheapest option Graham is drop in a used 2.5ltr.

Edited by mr E34

It gets more attention than the Sri-T hahaha! I wont say what TTEETT means as it blasphemy on a BMW, im going to get some new plates when I have finished a few other bits and bobs.

are the plates for a audi? :-) very nice wagon mate!

are the plates for a audi? :-) very nice wagon mate!

Nice one, have never thought of that, they are relative to another luxury manufacturer.

Looks a good tidy install. Does it give a deep induction snd under full throttle/ or are their any benefits or just for looks/snd?

Are you going to bother dropping in the 2.5ltr or just keep it as is?

It sounds really good, I was shocked to be honest, it doesn’t sound much stock (kind of like my old L200 Ute) but this has given it a nice sporty note.

I am under the impression that the stock air boxes on BMW’s are very efficient so doubt this would have done anything for power.

2.5 one day, Im waiting for a good one to step out in front of me, ideally want a de-reg of body damaged/rusty 325i with good leather and a good motor to strip for parts. . Im in no hurry.

It’s not a kit, I made it myself using a Simota Carbon airbox.

I got the Carbon Fibre Intake from here http://www.broomfish.co.nz/ they are the NZ importer so you will save a few bucks.

I got the adapter, clamps and silicone pipe from Supercheap, and the 4 little nuts to adapt the adapter from Mitre 10.

The advantage of a set up like this is no hot air getting in and a great Pod Filter sound!

I will be getting a better feed pipe next time im at Supercheap.

The plastic AFM adapter from super cheap self destructed a couple of weeks ago and got jammed in the throttle causing it to stay fully open.. This happened when a potential buyer and BS member was driving it witch was very embarrassing.If you are going to fit an aftermarket intake I would strongly recommend a metal adapter.

Plastic FTL

Posted Image

Here are a few Pictures I took over the weekend.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Apex

A BIG thanks to Lance (mellow puff) the old girl now sports a 2.5, goes a hell of a lot better, nothing mind boggling but defiantly a lot more fun. Top job mate the engine is a jem, no leaks or diesel noises like my old 2.0.

Its nearly been a year so I just added up what I have done.

Thus far. 4/12/08

Suspension:

Front Shocks: KYB GAS (will be replaced with some BOGE Turbo’s as they are crap)

Rear Shocks: BOGE Turbo’s and new Z3 reinforced Top hats.

Front Springs: E30 325i 30mm lowering springs by VOGTLAND

Rear Springs: E36 six cylinder 30mm lowering springs (E36 to compensate for Touring added weight)

Toyo Proxies T1R 205/55/15’s (x4)

Few Bushes here and there

Bling:

M-tech 1 steering wheel

Momo Super ergonomic gear knob

Window tint

Awesome Repco Remus tips

Simota Carbon Charger intake

Euro Plate

Boom:

Pioneer Head deck (MP3, I-Pod, Bluetooth)

Pioneer Kevlar components (front)

Pioneer Kevlar 4†vocals (rear)

Pioneer 750w four channel amp

Pioneer 700w mono block amp

Kicker L7 10 woofer in easy to remove custom box

Ex E34 2.5Ltr and associated parts.

Stainless Extractors

Stainless exhaust system

Cyclops mean ars F*** off alarm.

I don’t wish to add up the total as this car is supposed to be a sensible work wagon and all of the above is simply maintenance.

In the next year I would like to obtain a performance cam and have a MAP-ECU fitted and will most likely need a LSD for better traction and burnouts. Would also like to get a few things done on the body, a Mtec-II front bumper upper for one.

Cheers for having a nosy.

Well done Graham, top effort :D The second best Touring on the forum!! ;)

Your list is looking a little like mine.. Im also not willing to add up the total :ph34r: Its a bit scary!

LOOKING SHARP MATE!

tech2 FTW!

I need to see this in person some time, would be nice, hopefully you could pass the 2.5 bug onto me! its getting to me slowly.

who cares about adding everything up!, its ALL worth it and as you say BMWs ARE addictive, i love it

In the next year I would like to obtain a performance cam and have a MAP-ECU fitted and will most likely need a LSD for better traction and burnouts.

I like your thinking.

Edited by Westy

Wicked Grey Ham!

Extremely jealous of you and SIR_E30. Makes my tourer seem very neglected.

Looking very cool man nice work, dont think it could get any cleaner????

Wicked Grey Ham!

Extremely jealous of you and SIR_E30. Makes my tourer seem very neglected.

PICS NEEDED!!!!!

Looking very cool man nice work, dont think it could get any cleaner????

Here is one of the photo's I took of your car :o It was scary to work on I've never wrapped a car up in blankets so much as to not make a single mark on it when I dropped the engine in. The blankets however weren't needed as I work with such precision, btw did I leave my sledgehammer in your engine bay by any chance??? :P

post-1332-1228348301_thumb.jpg

Haha, na didn’t find any tools Lance!

That Photo brings out the cars inner gangster.. New Sig me thinks.

Cheers once again for all your work.

I freakin love that photo!! I wish I could take pics like that.. Any volunteers to take some for me?

Haha, na didn’t find any tools Lance!

That Photo brings out the cars inner gangster.. New Sig me thinks.

Cheers once again for all your work.

No probs, Im going to get a couple of the photos I took printed and mounted at about 400x1200 each if you want one done mmmmm car pr0n for the walls. They do an awesome job mounting them. I'll get them done and mounted and take some photos of them mounted or ill bring them along to the next meet for you to look at and if you want one done I can throw one in the next batch I get done.

These will have been done by a few of you but I thought I would post my findings.

Upgraded January.

Rear sway bar links $97+GST

Nolithane link inserts $29.05+GST

Rear sway bar mount bushes $42.92+GST

Front sway bar Bushes $42.92+GST

Front sway bar mount bushes $42.92+GST

Lower Control arm bushes $204.38

Prices posted for member and future reference

I had been meaning to do these bushes for a while and I wish I hadn’t waited, they have transformed the cars behavior big time, it now turns in crisp and stays neutral (no more under steer) throughout the bend and is adjustable (read oversteer) with he smallest inputs from either the throttle or a tug on the wheel, the car is now less jerky through gear changes and the ride is more composed although it comes at a cost to comfort as I can now feel every bump in the road as well as some harsh feedback through the steering wheel due to the mega stiffness of the bushes.

If you enjoy driving this is a must do for the E30. I did 300km yesterday and still wanted to keep going.

Im totally amazed at how well these little expensive pieces of urethane work, best mod I have done so far,

Upgraded February

Car didn’t feel like it was opening up quite enough and was idling poorly.

Booked it in at Botany Motor Works and they carried out the following.

Fitted Larger bore 325i Throttle Body

New Larger Rubber intake hose

New Idling Control Valve.

New Throttle Position Sensor

Install Carbon Air Box properly and fabricate factory looking mounts

Reposition crank sensor and tuned the AFM mixtures.

Car is now going well, all basic stuff but not something I have ever had to deal with on previous cars, the bill was horrendous (BMW parts) but I guess that’s the price you pay for owning an older vehicle.

Will note the extractors are finally on and going well, had a few issues with clearance on the first set and issues with leaks on the second.

It’s about this point I stop counting how much I have spent (owes me 17k now) and make a definite decision not to sell this car in a hurry.

Funniest thing about this car is that people are constantly offering me money to buy it, more so when the missus is driving it, they assume she doesn’t realise what they are worth and make stupid offers..

Cheers

Few Pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image