Sign in to follow this  
Apex

E30 Touring

Sick. Looking awesome. Subtle factory mods FTW. But yeah, definitely one of my favourite cars on here.

Guest Simon*

Yet to see it in person, but it looks pretty mint from what I can tell

Nice work Graham - don't think about the bills

nice work man looks mint!! i sooo want one of thos airboxes!!

where did you get all the bushes and that from? BMW?

Edited by M 325i

Na, the bushes were from Autoline, Nolithane brand. They could be found for cheaper im guessing, I was just in a lazy mood that day.

Cheers guys, she’s one nice wagon to drive now, not fast but rewarding if that makes sense.

Will hopefully get a new front bumper, fix the rear one and have them freshly painted in the next couple of months.

Lots of plans not enough "spendable" cash.

Lots of plans not enough "spendable" cash.

+ 100000000000000

cars looking sharp!

i think its even better in person as you can actually see how clean it is and how much time you put into it.

I think its even better in person as you can actually see how clean it is and how much time you put into it.

One amendment, It is even better in person!

Looks great Graham, love that carbon CIA and those Extractors. :wub:

This is definitely one of my favourite e30's.

Cloth or leather interior? Recaro?

Edited by deane30

Guest Spottswoode

It gets more attention than the Sri-T hahaha! I wont say what TTEETT means as it blasphemy on a BMW, im going to get some new plates when I have finished a few other bits and bobs.

In 1995 they were famously banned for 12 months from the WRC for cheating by designing an illegal air restrictor that included both a bypass mechanism and spring loaded devices to conceal it from scrutineers :D

Looks awesome, I like it alot, its not so bad once the bills are behind you, its only hard at the time of spending ;)

I'm a little confused, you fitted a larger 325 throttle body? But did you not recently fit a 325 motor? Or were you still running the old throttle?

Seats are cloth “Recaroâ€, driver’s seat has a few tears in it but the rest is mint, have been looking for a replacement but nothing has popped up in cloth for a 4 door/ Touring. I will have them redone in Pantera leather by Retro Vehicle enhancements at some stage as I want to recover without the Pleat lines.

Fitted a 525i Motor and had to retain the 320i throttle body so that the intake pipe would fit, the 525i runs a different pipe.

Spottswoode. That’s the one, have had a plethora of Toyota’s over the years, a limited edition (3/100) TTE Lexus IS200 Compressor being the reason for the plate. TTE is the German company that built the WRC and Le manse (s) cars for Toyota and they now run the Toyota F1 programme. Awesome company. And as they say in Motorsport, its only cheating if you get caught.

Some info on them and their road product, my IS200 had the entire catalogue + more fitted a factory.

http://www.tte.de/

Cheers guys.

Edited by Apex

Graham, your Lexus was sold again in Nov 07, and currently wears the D0C1LE plate.

Carjammywhammy

I know, it was an 01, I brought it in 03 for lots and lots then sold it in 06 for f**k all as by 06 every GE-Money customer in South Auckland had a Gaytezza and they were worth nothing :(

I know the current owner, he was at a Dyno day I attended recently.

Ahh I see, well the b25 throttle is quite a bit larger than the b20 one and that must surely be helping it along now.

I dont know about you but I would consider the b25 a reasonably fast motor, sure it does not compare to most things that have a big hair dryer coming out the side, but they dont look anywhere NEAR as good as e30s and no way as good as your touring, I reckon its the best of both worlds.

Had both front and rear bumpers striped, straightened and re painted and seeming I have just done a contra deal on some tasty new Meguiars products so I thought id give her a clean and go on the drive Heath organized, will update this and give a review on a few new products from Meguiars. I used two coats of Mothers pure Carnauba wax this time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks to Heath (DRTDVL) and his mate Ian with the 4kg mega awesomeness camera.

Have also had my drivers side Recaro rebuilt and recovered and I fitted some rear head rests, Im happy everything is how it should be now and the only aesthetic upgrade to complete is the clear front and side repeaters.

looking mint, anything more on the cards, mods wise?

Next is some custom Billstein’s for the front to replace the ratshit KYB’s and an LSD.

Long term I would like to re-power it!

Nice rolling shots looks mint!

Edited by M 325i

Looks absolutely stunning Graham.

I really want to get some rolling shots sometime. They look great.