Sign in to follow this  
oldskool

Bringing Brent's 745 back from the dead

Finally,

The white whale I brought off Brent is getting a new heart, have tracked down engine, trans & computer, keys, acces, front half of drive shaft, etc to give the old girl a new heart, will most likely but e38 front brakes & calipers on it too. Both Car & Trans in Akl so no pic's at the mo, but will get some in the new year.

Really looking forward to it, have planned for Andy at Race FX to do transplant for me as he is old family friend and alwys does great work, any other suggestions will be greatfully received tho, as Andy usually has a pretty extensive work load.

Should be a bit of fun when all done, hope to have it completed by June, July, & yes it will be auto, all the better to cruize in my dear, & no Brent you cant have it back once I've finished it, but it should give my 745 a run for its money !!

Cheers

Grunta

good work .

the brakes in that M745i are pretty good as std .

i think they have the M brakes package . but maybe not that good for a big v8 lump .

man i have just moved the v8 trans its a massive piece of kit .

very BIG and heavy.

good luck with the work , should go pretty well .

ps. no V12!!!!!! eh

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Guest 540Si

Hey Grant

Sound like an awesome project ;) We might look forward to seeing it around the Bay sometime next year.

You keen and available for the meet this Sunday?

Cheers

Simon

Hey,

Cheers guys, wil be good when it's all done, yeah Brent was really keen on v12 but in talking to various people, and due to difficulty in finding complete package with good engine, decided to go with the v8, plus theres nothing quite like the sound of a v8 with good pipes, next to a bmw s6 that is.