Sign in to follow this  
Napier_E36

i wish i was in a position to trade!

If only i was able to do a wee swapsie!!! this is badass!

M5 Baaaaaaaaaaaaad

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

agree? :pimp: :mosh:

they are the most amazing 3rd gear car ever - from next to walking pace all the way to 160 at 7200rpm - and howwwwlllll then whack into 4th and it still pulls like a school boy - wharhouuuuuu

Guest Spargo

pulls like a school boy

What, really fast but only for a short time

What, really fast but only for a short time

with somewhat messy results.

30 grand - man those cars still have some pretty sweet value.

The site says 26 big ones so that's not tooooo bad but you could get an 96 E36 330 for that...

Anyone spot the convertable??? M325 convertable

The site says 26 big ones so that's not tooooo bad but you could get an 96 E36 330 for that...

No such thing as a E36 330i, the 3 litre E36's were M3's.

You can get a E46 330i, but not for $26k I don't think.

Even so, one is an M5, and the other is a plain old 3 series. I know which I'd rather have!!

Cheers

In all honesty I love the E34 to bits, esp. the M5 although I would rather have the 540 V8 engine in than the M5 straight 6, sorry

In all honesty I love the E34 to bits, esp. the M5 although I would rather have the 540 V8 engine in than the M5 straight 6, sorry

Fair enough, but I am of the opinion that the BMW I6, is one of the best engines around, in any format.

Cheers

Fair enough, but I am of the opinion that the BMW I6, is one of the best engines around, in any format.

Agreed, however, in the larger car it would be such a waste of engine bay space...I suppose you could charge the M5 engine!!! :lol: :mosh:

when i first posted this, it was 30g, 26g makes it an even more attractive propersition!

when i first posted this, it was 30g, 26g makes it an even more attractive propersition!
sh*t yeah, I think $26k is an absolute bargain.

Cheers

There was a review in MOTOR a little while ago. Got a dam good write up. I don't know heaps about them but those engine specs were pretty good, even by todays standards they are good. 236 kW from 3.6 Litres is wicked. Also they'll get a little bit cheaper but won't be long before they would be a pretty good investment. A M5 is way cooler than any standard 3 series.

my old boss had a 93(i think) 540, after driving it i would say the 4L v8 in the m5 would be so nice all the tourque of the v8 and the handling off the m5(the 540 has REAL soft springs), driving thru kumu i got stuck behind about 4 cars plus a truck up front when we got to a passing lane i pulled out and put the foot down NOTHING, then 3sec later it droped down a few gears(auto :( ) and i hav never been from 80kph to 180 so fast, but the handling realy does let it down

driving thru kumu i got stuck behind about 4 cars plus a truck up front when we got to a passing lane i pulled out and put the foot down NOTHING, then 3sec later it droped down a few gears(

Speed up b4 u pass bro <_<

Guest Andrew

my old boss had a 93(i think) 540, after driving it i would say the 4L v8 in the m5 would be so nice all the tourque of the v8 and the handling off the m5(the 540 has REAL soft springs), driving thru kumu i got stuck behind about 4 cars plus a truck up front when we got to a passing lane i pulled out and put the foot down NOTHING, then 3sec later it droped down a few gears(auto :( ) and i hav never been from 80kph to 180 so fast, but the handling realy does let it down

I'd rather have the awesome I6 it has.. awesome motor.

Which is the better engine???...the motorsport hand built inline 6 or the bmw stock vee 8...

I know which one would have the better efficiency...

Guest Andrew

... handbuilt :D

I'd be picking the I6.. more power.. better handling.

I dunno if it'd have more power...but it'd definately have better efficiency, better balance, and better power to weight...

The I6 anyday!!

The early M60's (read E34 540's) had bore issues and are prone to flogging out!!

Not to mention all V8 E34's have the hideous "wide kidney grill".

I'd imagine the 3.6 would have as much (if not more) torque as the 4.0 V8 and an extra 30 odd HP.

Guest Spargo

Today's interesting factoid: The S38B34 /B38 I6 (from E34 M5) is lighter than the S50B32 I6 (from an E36 M3)

And you can make more N/A hp from them! 400 n/a hp from the B38 is not unheard of.

I'll have to disagree with the handling of the 540...

My old man used to have one i beleive it was 1999 or 2000 540i and it stuck rather well to the ground.

and it sure does go ... heh but it doesn't go aswell as her 745 at the moment tho .. and it handles suprising well for such a massive car ..

If i had to choose a second car go for the latest 740i, mmmmm so wide and sexy, but yes 540 very appealing. :bounce:

the lastest one is a 745i not a 740i .... and that is the one my old man currently has ...