Sign in to follow this  
petone

Another newbie

Kia Ora all, another newbie here. I've just found this forum after owning a white 1987 318i for over a year. I'm 18 years old and am the proud owner of a 5spd 318i coupe. Its in pretty good condition apart from a quarter panel that some a**hole thought was too straight his liking so he kicked it and left me with a decent size dent. I've also got some rust spots in the sunroof which I need to do something about.

I've put whiteline springs in the car and also a custom cold-air intake with the filter just behind the foglights so its away from engine heat. I'm also real keen to put some better wheels on it, ideally 16" but I'm having touble finding some within my budget. I've also got some sounds in there but nothing too major.

My next mission is the brakes, i've got decent brake fluid but I'm looking for reccomendations for rotors and pads. I use the car everyday and I'm hoping to spend more time on the track and also doing some gymkanas (is that how you spell it). What sort of brakes are you guys running? I'm only doing the front at this stage as they need replacing anyway.

Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics soon.

Cheers

Mike

hey do you chat in another forum that i go to .. ?

canze ? nzicemag ?

for some reason i have seen that nickname before ..

Kia Ora all, another newbie here. I've just found this forum after owning a white 1987 318i for over a year. I'm 18 years old and am the proud owner of a 5spd 318i coupe. Its in pretty good condition apart from a quarter panel that some a**hole thought was too straight his liking so he kicked it and left me with a decent size dent. I've also got some rust spots in the sunroof which I need to do something about.

I've put whiteline springs in the car and also a custom cold-air intake with the filter just behind the foglights so its away from engine heat. I'm also real keen to put some better wheels on it, ideally 16" but I'm having touble finding some within my budget. I've also got some sounds in there but nothing too major.

My next mission is the brakes, i've got decent brake fluid but I'm looking for reccomendations for rotors and pads. I use the car everyday and I'm hoping to spend more time on the track and also doing some gymkanas (is that how you spell it). What sort of brakes are you guys running? I'm only doing the front at this stage as they need replacing anyway.

Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics soon.

Cheers

Mike

motokana* ?? i dunno, maybe im wrong, but thats what i used to take my swift gti in, and win!! :bowdown:

Oh yeah .. btw welcome ... i think you'll like it here ... i sure do .. :thumb: :thumb:

They are all a bunch of good guys .. :mosh:

Oh yeah .. btw welcome ... i think you'll like it here ... i sure do ..  :thumb:  :thumb:

They are all a bunch of good guys ..  :mosh:

except for me - im psycho!!! :D :D :mosh:

(my bad - thankyou shadow ninja - i was 2 mins out of bed and not fully with it.... maybe a wake n bake woulda helped! :pimp: :mosh: :jap: :D

Edited by Napier_E36

Yes, welcome.

I'm sure you will find most of us a good friendly bunch, that can help you out when you need it (and hopefully you can help us when we need it)

Show us a pic of your custom air intake.

Cheers

hey yea gymkanas right but i dont no how its spelt, ull hav to tell me wat car club u no does them, the mg car club used to do grass gymkanas :mosh:

welcome.

oh yea, pics or ban. <_<

Hang on I got pics coming, I just been real busy lately. And that would be me on canze, I changed my user name on nzicemag tho. Many guys from the capital here, just outa interest? I wouldn't have a clue who runs motorsport events now, I've been asking around but haven't really got anywhere yet.

Welcome aboard Petone, there are quite a few of us in Wgtn now (4-5 in petone even).

We are overdue for a meet as alot have new/recently modded rides that we all need to have a look at.

I'll try and get something arranged early July when some of the palmy guys will be down!!

Guest Zwilling

Welcome to the site, nice to see another Petone res - that makes 4 of us in Petone that I know of, Glenn, Sam, and myself - we're planning a Welly meet on the 3rd of July so you'll have to come along then

Jeez didn't realize there were so many petone guys here, chances are I seen most of you cars around. I know I seen the red turbo'd one around. I'd love to have a look at what other people have done with their cars. Just another question, whats the most popoular chassis here? E30?

Guest Andrew

Welcome to the site, nice to see another Petone res - that makes 4 of us in Petone that I know of, Glenn, Sam, and myself - we're planning a Welly meet on the 3rd of July so you'll have to come along then

I'll come down to welly for 3rd of July.

Guest Zwilling

Nice, it'd be good to make this a Mega Meet, details about it posted in the meetings forum

Awesome Andrew, be good to catch up!!

Are any of the other Auckland/hamiltron/Vegas crew making the trip??

i might see if i can get time off work....:D....ill try cruise shotty with andrew, although dave will prob nab that.....or just pray that my car works

yeah i like wellys - so ill be there - and i got a mate who has just imported a s14 that was built for drifting, so itl be great to take that for a thrash!! count me in, ill make it in me diary!

although dave will prob nab that.....or just pray that my car works

served.... i already called it!

dave dave dave. that its refered to as being "skooled" as in in you taught him what calling shotty is all about..

Guest Zwilling

So anyone wanna hook Dave and I up with a place to stay?

What level of comfort???