Sign in to follow this  
threeta

brake ligth switch e36

Yet again (3rd time) the brake light switch in her e36 is failing (stops working if used often, eventually fails). Its a pain to replace, and team mc charge like wounded bulls!! Anyone have similar experience. I've owned car for 9 years so i guess 1 every 3 years is not too painful, but it i pain in the but to fix the same thing again and again

dunc

if the e36 is anything like the E34 you must have brake pedal depressed....easy with blocks of wood and electric seats

lol - i use my steering lock that goes across the steering wheel. use the end of the arm on the pedal and the other end on the wheel!!

when i repaced mine i destroyed the first one on a hard stop....I cant quite remember the details but apparently they are self adjusting...so you dont nececarily install them the way it might seem...I had to go back and buy another one,the parts guy must have taken pity on me and the service manager came and show me how NOT to do it.