Sign in to follow this  
37 South

BMW service&parts.

Guest Andrew

4L V8.

looking for a M20b25. any condition.

Tim - just do the head and rehone the block - be as good as new.

nah,

new block, so i can keep my car on the road at the same time im building my engine up, need to keep moblie.

rings, cam, v springs, knock sencor for link later on. with in the next year. not the link thou.

Guest Andrew

nah,

new block, so i can keep my car on the road at the same time im building my engine up, need to keep moblie.

rings, cam, v springs, knock sencor for link later on. with in the next year. not the link thou.

personally wouldn't bother with the cam - would try to up the compression a bit with motorsport pistons (around 2000).. while your in there don't forget your going to be doing oil pump, crankshaft lightning + flywheel lightning +balance , con rod balance and lighten .. either way you probably won't break the 200 hp mark much by building up a 2.5.

Guest Andrew

not sure what i will do yet

definataly talk to Ernst at bavarian motors.. he is the king of high powered m20s in New Zealand. Builds most the BMW targa cars.. you only need to look at Gerry Hodges awesome 6er.. oh and of course my car ^_^

its tempting to do the flywheel, but personally i wouldnt touch the flywheel.

if it's made already lightned then im in. but i wouldnt touch a machined flywheel. i dont like them exploding on me.

andy, does he know anyone who does port polish jobs?

Guest Andrew

its tempting to do the flywheel, but personally i wouldnt touch the flywheel.

if it's made already lightned then im in. but i wouldnt touch a machined flywheel. i dont like them exploding on me.

andy, does he know anyone who does port polish jobs?

There is nothing wrong with maching the flywheel - it will no explode on you... they machine the back part of it not the actual wheel.

Port and Polish on m20 is again probably a waste of time but yeah i'm sure he does know someone. He didn't want it done on my engine.