Sign in to follow this  
bmwsparkle

E30 318iS

Welcome to the site! Sounds like you got a great car, bimmer boy was right about the envy i think.

In terms of 318i engines it depends on the year. pre facelift ones have a M10B18 with an amazing 77 kw. (My car) This is a single overhead cam with 8 valves and also uses L-Jetronic. FL ones (or post 88) have a M40 which has about 88kw I think and more torque. This is a 16 valve DOHC engine and uses Motronic.

Guest Andrew

Welcome to the site! Sounds like you got a great car, bimmer boy was right about the envy i think.

In terms of 318i engines it depends on the year. pre facelift ones have a M10B18 with an amazing 77 kw. (My car) This is a single overhead cam with 8 valves and also uses L-Jetronic. FL ones (or post 88) have a M40 which has about 88kw I think and more torque. This is a 16 valve DOHC engine and uses Motronic.

I'd love to see a 318i whack out 88kW on a dyno

FYI on dyno day

M40 put out a whopping 45 kW with 110 Nm of torque hah

Guest Spargo

iv have finaly seen a e30 318is the thing was a minta, looked so nice red to. and the girl driving was even nicer :wub:

Number plate RA5800 ? I wish she'd never bought that car. It's by far and away the nicest E30 in auckland, and its clear she has no idea how to look ater it. It's a damn shame that the only way she got her hands on it was having 12.5K at exactly the wrong time.

Guest Spargo

then offer her some money, or a swap for a 325i, she should be dumb enough to swap.

It's clear she wanted a "beamer" and that's what daddy chose for her.

why does sh*t like that have to happen, betcha it will have a f**kd clutch soon and her boyfriend will probably cut the springs and put chromies on it for her. i will seriously cry if i hear that happen... fuk i hate people <_<

Guest Spargo

I'm serious when i say it's the best E30 in akl. 110K's, 1 (now 2) owners, immaculate paint, iS lip and spoiler, amazingly mint red paint, immaculate black interior, black healiner... the lsot goes on

I'm serious when i say it's the best E30 in akl. 110K's, 1 (now 2) owners, immaculate paint, iS lip and spoiler, amazingly mint red paint, immaculate black interior, black healiner... the lsot goes on

Man, M3POWR is the best E30 in Auckland, Hands down (not that I have seen every E30 in Auckland, but it must be close to the best).

Cheers

again, im going with the G-unit on this one. M3pwer PWNS all e30's in auckland, no contest. well i saw a black m3 last year in town that came close.

and as for 318is being rare, which they are more than other e30's, i have seen a f**kload in auckland. gavin bellairs has one, and ive seen 2 red ones in taka and a few in new market....

as far as i can tell they are real, i often stop and sift around having a perv...

actually....M3POWR is missing a brake duct....and the m3 owned by the boss at Silverfield JCBMW is damn mint....offered 60K for it and turned it down, its perfection personified

Number plate RA5800 ? I wish she'd never bought that car. It's by far and away the nicest E30 in auckland, and its clear she has no idea how to look ater it. It's a damn shame that the only way she got her hands on it was having 12.5K at exactly the wrong time.

yea that sounds like it, i cant get over how nice the thing was, it looked as though it just came out of the show room. iv been driving the same way for a few days now just on the chance i mite see it again :blush:

I have thought of another Auckland E30, possible better than M3POWR, Peter Robinson's awesome M3.

And Gus, the one you speak of sounds too good for words.

Cheers

There's an old guy who goes to a cafe in Normanby Rd Mt Eden ( next to the prison) everyday around 2pm with a mint 318is, and was taken with m3powr which was parked next to him. ( he could sell it)

I see that the Airduct is back on and has a tow hook cover on it as well, I think the car is in storage now until summer.

You're the man Andy. Goddam if I only had money to burn and could afford to buy a 2nd car right now...

Haha, funny, I tried replying to that advert...doh

it doesnt look that tidy...for that price why not buy a 325, shadowline it, buy a lip spoiler, do a lot of sound deadening removal, some 15" basket weaves (that has 14"s) springs and shocks....then you got a lot more usuable power and probably about the same weight or similar....but they are nice cars and i imagine will hold resale value

Guest Spargo

I still stand by my statement, this car used to be parked on Market road everyday. I'd drive past it on the way hoem from uni, from everywhere where i was close, just to marvel at its perfection.

I'd actually tried the sell tactic on the original owner, left countless notes on the windshield etc etc, but to no avail, not that'd i was able to afford it when it came up for sale (can now, hah).

The thing i love about the iS is that it really is a baby M3, one could toss it about corners in the same fashion, but without the repercussions if you stack it.

Grant i'd love to see a concors of RA5800 against M3POWR, i'd say the M3 would just because its an M3, but witht he current owner of the iS, it's not likely to happen... Someone needs to be the nest owner of that car, if only to stop it from being abused again. Cars like that don't deserve owners such as her.

saw it again today as i pulled into work at the newmarket end of great south road does she live on market rd? that was the way she came from, the m3 would be nicer because its an m3 but in alround condtion this 318is is outstanding

Guest Spargo

saw it again today as i pulled into work at the newmarket end of great south road does she live on market rd?

Seen her out in Kohi alot, i think she lives round there, it used to be on Market rd, as thats where the guy worked.

so is this chick hot? i prefer only to stalk hot chicks. even if its only thjis strange kind of "group virtual e-stalking", id prefer it if she were hot. has anyone got pictures? next time your hanging around out side her house, take a digi camera.