Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Shadowline

has anyone shadowlined a e30? when where what how etc....painting or is there another way?

Guest Spargo

Countless write-ups on R3v, it's fairly involved, but fairly easy.

Have you tried $tealer? They might have some old stock...

You could just steal it, but for a 4dr, i dunno where... perhaps next time tim is in town?

what exactly is "shadowlining"?

on e30s the trim around the windows is chrome....i want it black

m325s and iS's came with it stock....on a black car...it looks sweet

Guest Zwilling

I like the chrome, it also looks good on Tim's car and his is black...I think it suits red cars better...

Posted Image

yeah it would do - i like the sound of that! black spray paint would be the "back yard ruffin it" method!!! haha but that sounds sweet! :mosh: (esp with tinted windows....)

so does shadowline include the semi- painted bumpers on the facelifts? im thinkin of gettin this done as well as the chrome on my car, how much would a car painter do it 4?

hehehe i may be a student, but i have just taken a loan out... mmmmm course related costs......

haha..go the abuse of the asb 1k interest free OD...shadowline is just the window trim..painted bumpers are painted bumpers....im trying to figure out a way to get it real smooth.....im blacking out everything in my car....and im not a big chrome fan'

its practically gone

yea well ive done the 500 dollar od, all i kan get koz im a first year... <_< but hello course related costs!!!

ching ching :pimp: :pimp:

yea chromes no good- away with it.

power to the people.

my prob is, i always want wot i dont have, so as soon as i get all my black on, ill want chrome!

what bank you with? go to asb....tell them you have a 'job' and get the big hairy manly $1000 overdraft

thats so many beers

mmmmmmm yessss 100 dollar OD... myyy precioussssss

yea im wit asb

they bite arse

and they wont let you have K cos your a first year? i am too....how does that work? what uni you at come to think of it?

uni!? down with uni... im at unitec:) but i am doin civil engineerin degree so they should hand ova sum more cash..... for gods sake, i even listed my bloody yacht with them as an asset!!

unitec = $500 OD

Auck Uni = $1000 OD

pwned

Yes, I want to paint my chrome around the windows black as well. I looks good on the grey cars as well (well I think so).

unitec = $500 OD

Auck Uni = $1000 OD

pwned

well there we go then :D

from not being a fan of silver cars, ive come to love the look of grey/silver e30s...grant it would look very nice

ive heard of people using tape...this sounds nasty....but thoughts? i cant wait to be all black....

as in mask it u mean?

i rekon mask it. taking off the trim would probably damage it, or cause severe anger.

i rekon mask.

ive done a few e30s at work and found that using vinyl works well, as in signwriting vinyl it looks alot nicer than paint i used flat black insteed of gloss black it goes well with the window rubbers etc and looks tidy and proper...

Guest WAGON

i have black trim and i enjoy it lots, rock and roll. i should really not use so many smilies though in future.

i wont now.