Sign in to follow this  
021ytry

getign a turbo in to a 323i bema

What does it include? (edit - agree with 4x multiple, maybe 5x).

The issue is that you need:

- turbo plus wastegate (or one with one)

- oil (and possibly water) lines to and from turbo

- blow off or diverter valve

- intercooler

- piping - custom made coz it isn't coming off the shelf

- an exhaust manifold for the turbo, and a custom downpipe from turbo to exhaust

- headgasket if you want to run any worthwhile level of boost

- custom lower compression pistons if you want to run a good level of boost

- bigger injectors

- an aftermarket computer plus a dyno tune (especially for any decent level of boost), or at least a dyno tune

Maybe - better cooling, oil cooler, better fuel pump, stronger clutch/pressure plate, etc.

And if you aren't DIY, a crapload of installation and fabrication, unless you can find a bolt on kit (for right hand drive).

Edited by CamB

Cost me ~14 grand all up to put the turbo on my car, and I haven't even got a proper ECU yet (another 4k easy) or done the head gasket. Could probably save a few grand on exhaust manifold if a "log style" one would fit.

all up the turbo would cost $2490 with no piping and no instalation.

Multiply that by at least 4 to do it properly

either i've done my e28 all wrong, or someone's going to get a steal when i do go through and sell.

Cost me ~14 grand all up to put the turbo on my car, and I haven't even got a proper ECU yet (another 4k easy) or done the head gasket. Could probably save a few grand on exhaust manifold if a "log style" one would fit.

Its not cheap thats for sure, makes me feel a little better bout how much ive spent on mine lol. Your car is awesome though, id love to go for a ride in it when its all done

either i've done my e28 all wrong, or someone's going to get a steal when i do go through and sell.

You did DIY, right? All your own fabrication etc?

That's the killer, cost-wise. If you can weld, subtract a couple of grand. Good at finding and modifying second-hand parts, another grand. Can rebuild own bottom end, another few hundred. Etc.

You did DIY, right? All your own fabrication etc?

That's the killer, cost-wise. If you can weld, subtract a couple of grand. Good at finding and modifying second-hand parts, another grand. Can rebuild own bottom end, another few hundred. Etc.

so what your saying is the person who buys my machine gets a good deal then.

pull out the engine trans and lsd diff slip into your favouirt model.sell of the rest of the body/parts and be part of the 400+whp club for a fraction of the cost.lol

so what your saying is the person who buys my machine gets a good deal then.

pull out the engine trans and lsd diff slip into your favouirt model.sell of the rest of the body/parts and be part of the 400+whp club for a fraction of the cost.lol

Yes! Although lots less work if it goes into the same chassis (plumbing).

I've been thinking about it... but not gonna do it (sorry). Proven dyno-tuned setup = :D

Edited by CamB