Sign in to follow this  
Gus

WoF

just been at the testing station...i need someone to help clarify the ride height laws

the dude was telling me that the exhaust cant be less than 100mm off the ground....now i was under the impression that the car must be 100mm off the ground, EXCEPT exhaust and non structural fittings (kit etc). if someone could provide me with a website that has that in writing (an official one) that would be great.....because i disagree greatly that my car is too low! it may be because of the tyre size, but i doubt it, this after having it checked by a cop....

any help would be appreciated

gus

well no....they failed me....only one other thing was my headlight too low (the one being held up with a bit of wood...) not bad for an old car!

Edited by Gus

Cant you just use one of your other sets of rims/tyres to make it higher for the wof? You must have all those bottlecaps for a reason!

i checked in there under exhaust and the exhaust being to low isnt a reason for rejection.and there are no other subsections to do with lowering of the car

where about did u have the wof done

Didn't Sik post a whole page of laws to do with the lowering of a vehicle a few months back ?

Im pretty sure that it's the lowest fixed point of the car, chassis rail or sometimes front crossmember, can't be less than 100mm off the ground without a cert.

Sounds like your wof dude needs a smack in th teeth neway.

Where did you take it to for the wof? just so we can all stay clear when it's our turn for the warrent, B.

just been back there...the guy who failed me earlier was a dutch guy....the one i went to then said its sweet

but now i have an exhaust leak they didnt pick up!

ghey!

Cover it up with some plaster or something.. haha

isnt that how the best of "driven" cars are held together? plasters and insulation tape??!!

isnt that how the best of "driven" cars are held together? plasters and insulation tape??!!

I have seen a video of someone trying to tape together a hole in an intercooler pipe after they got some air on a jump/motorway offramp.... (not in NZ tho)

I have seen a video of someone trying to tape together a hole in an intercooler pipe after they got some air on a jump/motorway offramp.... (not in NZ tho)

well gus and andrew drove gus's car with a shoe lace as an accelerator cable - so i wouldnt be surprised to see a big hori old piece of insulation tape over a hole in his exhaust.... its just gus! and the way he is!!! :D

well gus and andrew drove gus's car with a shoe lace as an accelerator cable - so i wouldnt be surprised to see a big hori old piece of insulation tape over a hole in his exhaust.... its just gus! and the way he is!!!

Thats true, I forgot about that.... why do I see a "Dodgy mod of the week" thread in the future? :D

Talking about dodgy mods...

My ricer just got a pod and he didn't have the right sized pipes so he got a dish cloth and wrapped it around the point where the pipes wer different and he held it on with tape. 10 min later after a short trip he opened the bonnet to find the dish cloth halfway down the intake manifold. :blink:

dude.....shoelace was for emergencies only...speaking of which i cant find the lace....damn. dishcloth in intake manifold adds 10psi of vtec dude....

Cmon Gus, you living in the past or something? Its more like 1.5 bar of Vtec. And I think your being a little hard on the dishcloth, a proper HKS dishcloth like this was adds at least 2bar of Vtec

i have lowering problems too, damn springsare a wee bit loose. oh know they're gonna come out!!!!!! :bounce:

that was sarcasm by the way