Sign in to follow this  
Keats

compressed springs?

Hey ive just got a 320i 1992 and its standard i was wondering if i get its standard springs compressed just how low can it go?

like if i get them fully compressed are there problems with captivity lik cutties?

Hey ive just got a 320i 1992 and its standard i was wondering if i get its standard springs compressed just how low can it go?

like if i get them fully compressed are there problems with captivity lik cutties?

Compressed springs captivity will depend how much you compress them. I have 80mms, Nino's old springs and they are still captive, well, kind of...

You can compress them to whatever you want, I have compressed 80mms on my rear and H&R 60mm on the fronts.

PBOY should be able to answer your questions in deeper detail.

all depends on the spring really theres a 50% chance it'll be captive or it wont be captive lol

all depends on the spring really theres a 50% chance it'll be captive or it wont be captive lol

Have you been to Snells yet? How much are you compressing my standard springs? haha.

so u rekon thats a 50% chance with 80mm compressed in the rear?

cant manage that in the front or would it look stupid?

how does 80mm sit in relation to standard wheels n guard? ne1 noe? or should i get out my ruler lol

keats

don't compress springs, I am sure Keith from H& R will back me up here. WHat this guys doesbn;t know about springs isn't worth repeating. By reheating springs you end up weakening them and this can lead to all sorts of problems further down the track. Do it once and do it right I say :)

Have you been to Snells yet? How much are you compressing my standard springs? haha.

well ill do about 100mm this time :D

so u rekon thats a 50% chance with 80mm compressed in the rear?

cant manage that in the front or would it look stupid?

how does 80mm sit in relation to standard wheels n guard? ne1 noe? or should i get out my ruler lol

keats

well with 80mm the rim is just below the guard, like in internationals sig

don't compress springs, I am sure Keith from H& R will back me up here. WHat this guys doesbn;t know about springs isn't worth repeating. By reheating springs you end up weakening them and this can lead to all sorts of problems further down the track. Do it once and do it right I say :)

yeah h&r are great springs but they don't really give your the slammed look if thats what your going for... they've got great handling tho lol

the off the shelf ones dont, but keith told me they do custom made springs "for show cars" which will give you that look

Compressed springs captivity will depend how much you compress them. I have 80mms, Nino's old springs and they are still captive, well, kind of...

You can compress them to whatever you want, I have compressed 80mms on my rear and H&R 60mm on the fronts.

PBOY should be able to answer your questions in deeper detail.

here we go again

i realy cant say much as im not a pro but you can compress your factory ones 120ml mAX thats bumpstoped

after 80ml the rears are not fully captive and you would have to get shortend shocks you wont pass wof

i have never heard of compressed springs snaping due to weakness but they tend to sag , off the shelf springs will lower your car no more than 60 in most cases , dont expect to have racecar suspension and expect fast wear on all you suspension and tyres with compressed springs

you could also get custom springs from snells

brands like h&r have been developed for street/race and are a awsome upgarde if your into that but if you just want to cruise compressed springs are not too bad and aRE fully legal rather than cutting them

keith would be the best person to talk to on this subject

read the old topics as this has benn covered 200000 times

p

Edited by Pboy

When I started with the modification of my car, I was a little lost as to what solution I wanted, I found a set of H&R lowering kit from fellow a BS member. It gave me a decent drop on the front with 60mm and still kept the steering issues out of trouble. The rears however, with the 40mm looked just as same as before, I went on and Pboy offered me his 60mm B&G rears. Still not quite as happy with the 60mm drop, a few days ago, Nino offered me his custom 80mm rear springs which was just what I was looking for. With the 80mm in, now the car really looks low and the car is finally flat level, where as before the car had a slight front lean.

If you serious about lowering your ride, dont bother with off the shelf products, not that they are bad but they are really limited. If you only want to lower your car a little, maybe off the shelf products will suit you best and saves you the hassle.

A ruler will help you very much in getting to your desired height...

Edited by international

you low-low guys should chek out some of the euro tuned cars for how to make the cars "look" slammed its not all about the springs

post-1463-1201678438_thumb.jpg

Edited by 328imobbin

yeah but havin a low bodykit and having the car standard height just looks cheap and nasty,

anyone know much about compressed springs for an E30?

i dont think 60mm would be a low enough drop for me but i still wana stay legal

any suggestions?

iv also got rims waiting for rubber, they are 17x7.5s

you low-low guys should chek out some of the euro tuned cars for how to make the cars "look" slammed its not all about the springs

Anything out of felgen garage is f**king sweet.

Edited by Mc Lovin'

yeah but havin a low bodykit and having the car standard height just looks cheap and nasty,

I think this looks bloody awesome, and should inspire you e36 boys a little. complete opposite of cheap and nasty

post-204-1201685355_thumb.jpg

any suggestions?

yeah had mine done on my e30 around 80-90ml and it was very low, well low enuf for me, but sold the car now. wasnt legal nor near captive. and i had it siting on 17s looked sick

yeah had mine done on my e30 around 80-90ml and it was very low, well low enuf for me, but sold the car now. wasnt legal nor near captive. and i had it siting on 17s looked sick

o yer sounds good, how did u get a wof?

id like mine like yours but maybe a little higher

any suggestions?

i recommend going for the 80-90mm drop with some shortened shocks to keep it all captive, 60mm is alright but is in no way "super low"

Whos cheap and nasty?

diablo23 Mentioned on the Felgen garage post that "yeah but havin a low bodykit and having the car standard height just looks cheap and nasty"

I think thats totally wrong,they are the best looking cars around in my opinion

o yer sounds good, how did u get a wof?

id like mine like yours but maybe a little higher

um never had to get wof sold it before, in my picture thats not with the other springs, the one in my picture was springs compressed 70ml i think, if you want some pictures pm me

I like that dummies guide its awesome.

Maybe we should block all new lowering threads as there's SHITLOADS of them on here, just search fullahs.

Get a softer coiled spring and compress that,itll keep it captive as but will handle crap. But lowering that much will handle crap anyways so who cares.