Sign in to follow this  
robert.fowler

Needs more power

Here's the latest progress.Engine and box are in for the last time.have built a set of tri-y headers as there is no room for anything else,especially on drivers side.Have gone to a custom 10"flywheel with commodore v6 pressure plate(2300lb)clamp,10"clutch plate with kevlar lining and southwests hydraulic release bearing which works fine with existing BMW master cylinder.Just awaiting driveshaft to come back and then off to auto electrician to finish wiring.

Have used a short shifter which comes up through original hole in the floor and through the standard console opening

post-2729-1219823912_thumb.jpg

post-2729-1219823930_thumb.jpg

post-2729-1219823961_thumb.jpg

post-2729-1219823978_thumb.jpg

post-2729-1219823998_thumb.jpg

post-2729-1219824149_thumb.jpg

post-2729-1219824171_thumb.jpg

post-2729-1219824478_thumb.jpg

Edited by 65gtmustang

Doing all the fab work yourself?

Looks awesome, keep us updated.

Thanks guys for the encouragement,had a few hassles with the hydraulic release bearing so had to pull engine/trans out.

Have had to get a new bearing setup(made by howe racing enterprises),this one is a superior unit to the old one.

I'm doing as much of the fab work as i can myself,but have several friends in the trade when i get stuck.

post-2729-1220332998_thumb.jpg

Edited by 65gtmustang

Here is the finished car.Have had it running for the last couple of days and it drives great.Power delivery very smooth and super responsive.Engine fired straight away and settled into a smooth idle,we have not done anything too trick ecu that the trans is not there.

W57 gearbox is perfect with short shifter kit and the clutch setup works perfectly.

Passed certification process so will be all legal.

post-2729-1221945750_thumb.jpg

post-2729-1221945770_thumb.jpg

post-2729-1221945785_thumb.jpg

post-2729-1221945800_thumb.jpg

post-2729-1221945818_thumb.jpg

Great job - the engine looks very happy there :) From those pics it looks like you've focused on the details. Awesome.

Looks bloody good mate welcome to the club!!! Whats she dyno?

Yea theres a guy who works at Paul Kelly Motors on Montral Street who did this conversion at the end of last year. I sold my adjustables to him and tried to get him to sign up.

His number plate is B V M 8 W

I saw this car the other day... it's f**king SICK!

I was thinking to myself, "If only it had a bit of power that car would be ultimate!"

Turns out it does!

B)

P.s. brilliant job on the conversion.

Edited by crazyarab

What can I say :wub:

Excellent job youve done there

I would be very proud of what youve done

Luv to see pictures of the exhaust set up ie: manifolds and down pipes

Edited by *Glenn*

What can I say :wub:

Excellent job youve done there

I would be very proud of what youve done

Luv to see pictures of the exhaust set up ie: manifolds and down pipes

here's the exhaust setup.pretty basic setup,just has standard bmw 325i muffler at the rear

post-2729-1222405449_thumb.jpg

post-2729-1222405463_thumb.jpg

post-2729-1222405482_thumb.jpg

post-2729-1222405589_thumb.jpg

post-2729-1222405604_thumb.jpg

Edited by 65gtmustang

thanks m8

Got in touch with jason at paul kelly motors very nice guy loves his lexus powered 323 coupe.

he was very helpful on what was done to mke it fit.

Thanks

Riley you inspired me to finally get my ass into gear and join. will download some photos soon. nice to meet someone with a crazy idea for V8 BMW power.

post-3684-1223890896_thumb.jpg

Edited by bvm8w

Thats fricken awesome. Great job.

340i FTW!!!

Nice work man! So sleeper too, I bet you could give a few people a fright in this thing... Respect for the 8!

Riley you inspired me to finally get my ass into gear and join. will download some photos soon. nice to meet someone with a crazy idea for V8 BMW power.

Bloody good to here Jason, Was good to meet you the other day as well. I must say your e36 is one of my all time e36 favs, so clean and well done, you have done everything that i would of done had i had an e36. You will have to come along to the next meet mate!! Oh i forgot to ask what is your diff ratio?

Cheers

Riley

Jason glad to hear you have joined.Its great to have another E36 v8 car on here.

I was the guy that rang you a few months ago to ask about your conversion.Glad its finished it makes the E36 such

a fun car to drive.

Any photo's of your car under the hood,interior etc.

Did you get your tacho,heater,air con working yet.

Thanks guys for all the encouragement comments on my conversion

Edited by 65gtmustang

Jason glad to hear you have joined.Its great to have another E36 v8 car on here.

I was the guy that rang you a few months ago to ask about your conversion.Glad its finished it makes the E36 such

a fun car to drive.

Any photo's of your car under the hood,interior etc.

Did you get your tacho,heater,air con working yet.

Thanks guys for all the encouragement comments on my conversion

Thanks for the encouragement, photos under the hood on my profile, tacho is still factory 6 cyl so bounces off the rev limiter at the bottom of the tacho, got the heater working about a month ago, i drove to work all winter with gloves and a scarf. Freezing! Keen to check out some photos of your own.

Bloody good to here Jason, Was good to meet you the other day as well. I must say your e36 is one of my all time e36 favs, so clean and well done, you have done everything that i would of done had i had an e36. You will have to come along to the next meet mate!! Oh i forgot to ask what is your diff ratio?

Cheers

Riley

Yea would be keen as long as work allows, hard to get a day off in the weekend. Diff ratio standard 6 cyl m-spec. Did I read somewhere on hear yours is supercharged?

See heaps of threads, Need more power, what engine should I put in etc etc, Really good to see one go from a question to actually doing it! Looks bloody good - well done

Thanks for the encouragement, photos under the hood on my profile, tacho is still factory 6 cyl so bounces off the rev limiter at the bottom of the tacho, got the heater working about a month ago, i drove to work all winter with gloves and a scarf. Freezing! Keen to check out some photos of your own.

Jason this is my thread.Have a look from page one there are plenty of pics.

Your tacho will need modding to work on the toyota had mine done has to have electronic board added,costs

about $300

cant seem to find your photo's on your profile

cheers

Robert

Edited by 65gtmustang