Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cowlum

New to the Board

Guest Cowlum

Hello Everyone..

I signed up on this board some months ago to try and hunt down a an alternater to upgrade my current 40a one.. so ive decided to intorduce myself now.

My car is a 1974 Bmw 2002 thats mostly original but rather run down. Im currently in the process of putting the thing back together and improving it. Its moslty stock at the moment. Just got it running again recently after a 3 year sleep. Ive got 77 320i vented discs on the front (but just need 1980+ hubs to complete). Electric windows (couldnt find any winders in good condition :( . And a 38/36 carb to go on shortly. )..

Any hoo its getting near warrantable so i thought id try to become part of the local NZ bmw scene. Im quite social on the www.bmw2002faq.com board. Howev er most of the people are in the states.. to get an idea of where the car should eventually end up check out http://www.m2bmw.com/m2BMW/cooper.htm . though I will go worked m10 (current engine), m20 (easy swap 170hp) then maybe s14 (lotsa money).. but its a second car so ive got plenty of time.

Welcome

It sounds like a great project you have embarked on.

We are all very interested in your progress, so let us know how things go.

'02s are awesome, and one of the great BMW's I think.

Cheers

:thumb: Awesome project cars 2002s, legendary, good luck with the project :thumb:

ive always wanted a 2002, they are damn cool cars.... that one that you linked with the s14 is pure sex... hmm sell and buy one maybe.... whats a 2002 shell go for? *taps fingers in evil manner at thinking of ridiculous engine transplant...*

Wauw, that 2002 with the S14 looks awesome. I love the colour and the original looks of this car. The steel cage looks also very nice :bowdown:

By the way.....welcome :D

Marcel