540iS on 18" Alpinas

Guest Simon*

What do you guys think?

Personally I'm not convinced :)

More pics in the gallery

Cheers

Si

post-2351-1203905612_thumb.jpg

I agree with Yuen, very very nice... also probably not hte safest place to keep the keys :)

Edited by bmw3

I am with Yuen - they look better than the Beyerns.

But it is probably different irl..

Looks awesome.... I love Alpinas, want to get the same style on my 3 at some point.

Cars with Alpina Alloys don't look as aggressive like your old wheels.Gallery shot 04 looks stunning from that rear angle, probably take time for you to appreciate the look.

ALPINA=SUBTLE CLASS.

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....=si&img=132

Edited by mr E34

im usually a purist but they seem a bit old for the car. i dunno both that pic and your sig look nice in different ways

Guest Simon*

Hot! Oozes class. I like them better than the Beyerns.

Thanks Yuen. Class yes, but I'm still not too sure

I think it looks good in that pic Si, More authentic!

Authenticity was something I was aiming for when I bought them, but now that I see them on my car .....

I agree with Yuen, very very nice... also probably not hte safest place to keep the keys :)

Noted ;) Cheers

I am with Yuen - they look better than the Beyerns.

But it is probably different irl..

Definitely a bit different in real life yeah. It's hard too because the Beyerns are in fantastic condition and the Alpinas not so unfortunately

Looks awesome.... I love Alpinas, want to get the same style on my 3 at some point.

But those Schnitzers Mark? They're pretty hot wheels too.

Agreed I've always wanted a set of Alpina wheels, but I just didn't fall in love with them on the car like I thought I would

Cars with Alpina Alloys don't look as aggressive like your old wheels.Gallery shot 04 looks stunning from that rear angle, probably take time for you to appreciate the look.

ALPINA=SUBTLE CLASS.

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....=si&img=132

Subtle class I think is the right term Boris - they're pretty exclusive too. But I do like the aggressive look of my current wheels. Especially all that width and dish

Edited by Simon*

Guest Simon*

Im staying out of this one ;)

Appreciate that ;)

Thought you might have had a few choice terms, just for sport

Remember Simon, you have to drive the car & if not sure/don't like that look just flick them off.

The 18" you have are not the same deep dish as my 17" Classics, some people say 17" is the largest size the E34 looks comfortable on??

You know what happens when you ask for an opinion, 50 diff answers!

Guest Simon*

Remember Simon, you have to drive the car & if not sure/don't like that look just flick them off.

The 18" you have are not the same deep dish as my 17" Classics, some people say 17" is the largest size the E34 looks comfortable on??

You know what happens when you ask for an opinion, 50 diff answers!

Yeah I know :)

I actually am starting to agree about the 17" classics for the E34 - I looked at them all again and thought that perhaps they would suit it better.

Decisions decisions :)

Just run around in them for a week or two, you should know if you like them by then.In the photos they still look good & imo better than your old wheels.(my eyes are alot older than yours, i don't see what you see!)

Oh alright if you insist.

Personally I think they are nice, but just not on an e34. I like to keep my wheels and cars in the same period and these should be on an e39.....touring.....in titansilver.....:P

Seriously though I think a big chunky e34 deserves a wheel with dish and in my experience 17' is the optimum size for a car from that era.

As mr E34 has said... at the end of the day it's your car! The only reason the Beyern is nice is the dish... otherwise the Alpina wins hands down, they are more appropriate for a 5 IMO - gives class to the luxury cruiser. Now if the Alpinas had a fair amount of dish, that would be perfect.

normally alpina look the business on E34s,but maybe they shoild be 17s....the b10 on TM looks awesome,are they 17s?They would prolly look better on my car :).If you want DISH mine i think are about as much as you could get!

Edited by kiwi535

normally alpina look the business on E34s,but maybe they shoild be 17s....the b10 on TM looks awesome,are they 17s?They would prolly look better on my car :)

The Alpina wheels on that B10 are 17's, i looked over that car, mmmm??+++spend $$$$$

Look before anyone gets their knickers in a twist over my comments be aware that Simon and I have been joking about this since he pressed the buy-now literally seconds before I did !

But those Schnitzers Mark? They're pretty hot wheels too.

They're not real. :(

I either want real ACS Type 1's or 17" Alpina's..... no money right now however.

Back on topic though: I don't agree with those who say they're not the right era for your car.... they definitely make the car look classier and also more staunch than the Beyern's.

Guest Simon*

Well I have food for thought

I think when it comes down to it, the 17's on the B10 look better to me than these softline 18's on my wagoon

E: I should add that I don't plan on being on these Beyern rims forever - just have to find the perfect wheels

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you Martyn :)

Edited by Simon*