Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Project 325i

Since buying my car in July 2007 I have kept a photo record of most things I've improved on it. Many of these are floating around in different threads, but I thought I'd collate them all into one thread. Here's what I've done so far...

- Picking up car from dealer

Posted Image

First wash and German Plates installed

Posted Image

Panasonic ipod headunit installed - LCD display colour-matched to interior gauges.

Posted Image

iPod installed in glovebox

Posted Image

M-Tech side mouldings installed

Posted Image

Progress pic of exterior

Posted Image

M3-style rear diffuser installed

Posted Image

DEPO clear-light kit installed

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Front end respray (bonnet, nosepanel, bumper) & facelift kidneys and nosepanel

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Coming shortly: M3 Mirrors!

Guest Simon*

Nice work Mark

I think the car reflects your dedication to it - everything looks really tidy

Keep us installed :)

That looks really nice man, Its awesome to see people who take such care and attention to detail on their cars, it really shows.

The FL grills make such a difference.

I'll look forward to seeing more progress.

Great work, looks fantastic.

You should be very proud.

Just curious...you keen on changing that steering wheel?

I'm trying to keep everything original as possible (bar era-specific cosmetic enhancements), so I'll be keeping it I think! 

Lookingbloody good as usual! I noticed that paint was really nice in the sun the other day, very rich and deep in colour

I'm trying to keep everything original as possible (bar era-specific cosmetic enhancements), so I'll be keeping it I think! 

I belive the same thing, BMW's look better with era specific modifications or OEM add on bits of a higher or better spec version. Hence why mine is pretty much stock bar the europlate which isnt really era specific but they looks damn good

looks very clean and sharp , like someone said its good to see all the hard work pay off!

UPDATE:

Went to Hokitika for the Wildfoods festival last weekend and just as I pulled into the camp site the car died and wouldn't start again. Turned out it was the fuel pump. Picked the car up yesterday (have been driving a POS rental Corolla for a week) and the bill was nearly $1100!!! (incl. rental car costs) Thankfully my mechanical warranty covered most of that, so I was left to pay just $250.

So, after that little debachle funds are a bit tight. I'm getting the M3 mirrors painted for free through work, so they'll hopefully be on the car just after Easter!

Have also added an OEM leather handbrake handle, better OEM rear speakers, replaced the door sill trim on the passengers side which was cracked and got the good old Kiwi shoe polish onto the worn parts of the leather seats.

Also, thanks for all the positive comments everyone, it's very encouraging and I'll put more pics up soon!

When you shoe polish your seats does the car smell really badly of shoe polish?

When you shoe polish your seats does the car smell really badly of shoe polish?

No, not really... I only did small patches where the leather was wearing. I'd imagine it would smell like school shoes on the first day of term if I did the whole seat!

Hey Mark have you tried Shoe cream? Its like the shoe polish only it doesnt go shiny and it softens the leather really well and the colour lasts for months and doesnt streak I use it in my car a lot, and only smells like shoes for a day or two haha makes a big defference, you can look up my work I did on my leathers somewhere on here if you search

looks good mate, how much did the face lift nose panel and grills set you back?

looking very very nice - i love the colour and the wheels

looks good mate, how much did the face lift nose panel and grills set you back?

Nose panel new from BMW was $200. Grilles I got off trademe for $50. Painting was $150.

So all up about 400 bucks. I'd imagine you could save a lot of money by finding a used nose panel in the same colour as your car... I tried this route, but there aren't a lot of Boston green cars about unfortunately!

hopefully insurance will facelift my car for me when it gets repaired. whats the quality like on the trade me grills?

hopefully insurance will facelift my car for me when it gets repaired. whats the quality like on the trade me grills?

They're genuine BMW grilles, just got them second hand on Trademe. Definitely ask the insurance company to facelift it.... it's the same price for the pre-facelift panel so they shouldn't have a problem with it!

Looks very nice Mark, you know I've never been a fan of green but pictures like yours change my mind. Loving the reflections...