Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Project 325i

UPDATE:

Car serviced today. Along with a new battery as the (can you believe it) genuine BMW battery finally gave up the ghost, it was at least 7 years old!

So, money is tight at the moment (battery was 200 bucks) which means plans for the car have ground to a halt for now.

M-Mirrors and ACS parts still in the works, will keep you posted!

Edited by gannetboy

Sorry I hadn't commented before, but your car is looking great, nice work.

Cheers

Grant

Sorry I hadn't commented before, but your car is looking great, nice work.

Cheers

Grant

Car looks fantastic Mark

Nice work

Cheers guys! Appreciate it!

just got back on the forums for the first time in a while since ive sold my car and noticed yours, absolutely stunning mate. looks like youve put some serious time into perfecting it and its certainly paid off! ie never really been a fan of e36's with the non m-spec front bumper etc on them but that looks like sex on wheels if you ask me.

Good luck with further add ons mate!

Jase

Once again, thanks for all the positive comments... it's awesome to hear I'm getting it right!

Just a small update today. It came to me last night that I could make my poor-man's ACS wheels look a bit more authentic by removing the BMW emblems from the centrecaps. So this morning I busted out the adhesive remover and dental floss and got to work. My camera ran out of battery, but I photoshopped a before/after so you can see the difference. IMO the wheels not only look cleaner but bigger too! A worthwhile mod and done in just 10 minutes. B)

BEFORE:

post-2031-1208558661_thumb.jpg

AFTER:

post-2031-1208558700_thumb.jpg

Interesting effect now that you mention it... the wheels do look a bit bigger. I actually thought the BMW emblems were actual centrecaps! So the centrecaps you have on now are just blank, right?

Interesting effect now that you mention it... the wheels do look a bit bigger. I actually thought the BMW emblems were actual centrecaps! So the centrecaps you have on now are just blank, right?

Yeah centrecaps are blank.... they just had a metal sticker on them.

Good stuff, looks a lot cleaner and actually, they do look a bit bigger.

Small things make such a big difference.

Wow... it's been a while since I updated this thread. Finally got around to sorting out my bodywork mods... The mirrors, ACS diffuser and M3 bumper are going into the paintshop next week. Gutted I couldn't get it done in time for the Chch meet this weekend, but it's my own fault for procrastinating!

Small (very small) update in this post, here's my new ACS exhaust tip after a good clean and polish. I've wanted one of these for ages, so when one popped up on Trademe I had to have it.

post-2031-1216112159_thumb.jpg

Once the rest of the bits are on the car I'll do a photoshoot so you can see the results.

Wow... it's been a while since I updated this thread. Finally got around to sorting out my bodywork mods... The mirrors, ACS diffuser and M3 bumper are going into the paintshop next week. Gutted I couldn't get it done in time for the Chch meet this weekend, but it's my own fault for procrastinating!

Small (very small) update in this post, here's my new ACS exhaust tip after a good clean and polish. I've wanted one of these for ages, so when one popped up on Trademe I had to have it.

post-2031-1216112159_thumb.jpg

Once the rest of the bits are on the car I'll do a photoshoot so you can see the results.

Haha glad someone of bimmersport got this - i was watching it but forgot when it was ending! I got the ex-m3 Hartge tip instead tho, so wins all round!

Haha glad someone of bimmersport got this - i was watching it but forgot when it was ending! I got the ex-m3 Hartge tip instead tho, so wins all round!

I put a couple of bids in for the Hartge one, but then the ACS one was listed and it works so much better with the rest of my mods! :D

So the ACS tip didn't fit, but that's been sold to Kerry (bmpower) for his Mum's E36 touring. (What a nice son!)

Car went into the paintshop today for the aforementioned pieces; bumper, mirrors, diffuser and while they're at it I'm having them colour code the black strip above the rear license plate that holds the plate lights/lock mechanism etc. Should look tits!

Next big update on Wednesday... keep an eye out! :D

What does the Hartge tip look like Kerry?

So the ACS tip didn't fit, but that's been sold to Kerry (bmpower) for his Mum's E36 touring. (What a nice son!)

Car went into the paintshop today for the aforementioned pieces; bumper, mirrors, diffuser and while they're at it I'm having them colour code the black strip above the rear license plate that holds the plate lights/lock mechanism etc. Should look tits!

Next big update on Wednesday... keep an eye out! :D

Big update Mark?

Right here it is! Just managed a few quick pics in the garage before the light got bad:

New bumper. So sexy! :D I must say that now it's painted you'd be hard pressed to tell it's a replica.

post-2031-1218095620_thumb.jpg post-2031-1218095689_thumb.jpg

Rear of the car: ACS rear diffuser (Cheers Yuen, looks good eh!) and colour coded number plate light strip.

post-2031-1218095814_thumb.jpg post-2031-1218095861_thumb.jpg

post-2031-1218095910_thumb.jpg

And a crap pic of the M3 mirrors, but once I'd put them on it was well and truly dark outside.

post-2031-1218096007_thumb.jpg

So there you have it, the next round of mods done (there's always more)! I'll try and head out on Sunday to get some proper photos.

Also, I think a drop is on the cards at some point as the new bumper makes the front look lower than the back. But I want to do it properly, so it won't be for a while.

Edited by gannetboy

Damnit, edited my last post but that means I don't get a bump to the top of the new posts list! I need street cred! So... bump! :lol:

Very nice Mark. The M3 front really sets off the E36.

Paintwork looks great, colour coding the line above the rear number plate really makes a difference. And the Ac S rear diffuser is something different >jealous< lol

Keep us updated with the progress.

Great work Mark... the diffuser goes well with the chrome tips, pity you didn't manage to fit the ACS one but I'm sure you'll find one someday. Front end looks good... colour coded trunk handle helps heaps. And the paint looks great as usual.

This round of mods is the biggest improvement yet... next up, sideskirts and drop? :D

Edited by Mpulsive

Flip thats become a real mint car! M3 front bumper FTW!

All your mods are really tastefully chosen. Good stuff.

What does the Hartge tip look like Kerry?

Big update Mark?

The hartge tip is very similar to the acs one, will try and post pic soon. The acs will, once i get it to fit go on mums e36 328i touring, and the hartge one will possibly make it onto my e30 325i after headers arrive and the exhaust gets a complete overhaul!! Still toying with exhaust ideas for it at the moment.

Car is looking awesome mark - well chosen mods, a car to be proud of!

Edited by bmpower