Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

Who the hell wants an E30 now!

Guest WAGON

i would still rather have my wagon ........... but that is a hell of a nice car :mosh: :mosh: :rambo: :rambo:

Guest Andrew

i would still rather have my wagon ........... but that is a hell of a nice car :mosh: :mosh: :rambo: :rambo:

You'd have to be kidding - that car is worth a mint and will be worth more later on.. it is the mercedes m3 .. I WANT IT SO BAD.

Car has nice stats for a 2.3, shame i'm not a fan of the merc body, could you put the engine into an E30 I wonder???

Guest Andrew

Car has nice stats for a 2.3, shame i'm not a fan of the merc body, could you put the engine into an E30 I wonder???

why not just swap an S14 in if you wanted to do that :huh:

Don't forget ppl that buses and trains are the best mode of transport for a drunkard, taxis are way too expensive, so i'd agree that being on a bus ain't all that bad if it were a merc

Wait, what about those big f-off unimog mercs that the army has, I wouldn't mind having one of those massive 4x4's for getting up to the ski-fields or for invading some minor country <_<

Guest Spargo

Hell yes, My mother (of all people) imported a couple of ex german army unimogs about 8 years ago, they were sooo mint. They're currently doing service for Scenic Coach Lines. They've been coverted into pretty plush coaches, but they'd still get waaay further than any 4wd.

that is phat!!! evan bro - you can have your wagon - i think i could pull some mean drifts in that thing!!! haha everything comes back to slideways!!!

Seriously - i like that car, shame its not an E30 M3 eh!!! (for that price!) if i was looking for a rare reasonably performing german sports car - that would be it for me!

On this page u can read how this Merc was the worst performer in DTM series, aimed at the m3 and sierra cosworth it failed misserably(just like my spelling).

So now i would never by that car infact i'd rather be seen walking in my nice new shoes than driving that car. I really do hate mercs....sorry

0-60 in 8seconds?performance?? plz :thumbsdown:

http://autozine.kyul.net/classic/mercedes.htm#190E

Welcome to the site $stoffz, i'm not a fan of the merc shape myself, and after driving an E280 i'm not a fan of the stock handling either - way too lofty - not driven anything sporty yet like an AMG...

Guest Spargo

Yea, i guess winning the championship in 1992 was a huge failure then!

This is more like a M325i, rather than an M3.

That car came in at 185hp and was made in 1986, the one for sale, the car that won the DTM was made in 1990 and came in at 235bp racing version. One win please.

"In its very first year of racing, the M3 helped Italian driver Roberto Ravaglia to clinch the World Championship, then win his second European Championship one year later. In 1989 Ravaglia won the German Touring Car Championship in a BMW M3, followed by the Italian Championship in 1990 and 1991. Up to 1992, finally, BMW M3 drivers scored more than 1,500 individual wins and won more than 50 international titles."

http://www.m3-motorsport.demon.co.uk/page2_2.htm

That car is a BOAT> THese are slop my mum used to have one. Poor.

Guest Andrew

That car is a BOAT> THese are slop my mum used to have one. Poor.

I doubt it was one of THOSE 190e ... the normal ones are boats.

Guest Spargo

The only fault i could come up when driving my mates 190e 2.6/16 was the s l o w steering, but at 4 turns lock to lock, an E30 is approaching bus levels too.

The only fault i could come up when driving my mates 190e 2.6/16 was the s l o w steering, but at 4 turns lock to lock, an E30 is approaching bus levels too.

Yeah, that many??? I'm sure mine ain't got that much but have you noticed that the turning radius with the e30 is quite tight, I can turn circles inside my folks' honda

Guest Andrew

Yeah, that many??? I'm sure mine ain't got that much but have you noticed that the turning radius with the e30 is quite tight, I can turn circles inside my folks' honda

Thats because your folks honda is FWD.. which can't have as good turning circles.

Yes - the e30 steering rack is a big let down.

Yeah, after posted that one I had a moment of clarity in regards to the whole jappa crappa fwd thing. Still, I have no complaints with the steering as I find it much more responsive than my folks honda and my previous cars and now it's even better with the urethane bushes!!!!