Sign in to follow this  
moktar

E36 firewall

Hey all,

well i am trying to run a wire from my engine bay into the glove box and cant seem to find a point to run the wires through. there has too be something that i have missed?

Also i have noticed two screws that seem to hold the in glove box is it as easy as unscrewing the two and popping her out?

Also is there a diffrence in rear bumpers between coupe's and four doors?

I think i should invest in a bentley manual. it was a priceless investment for the E30

Many Thanks,

Miles

Not sure about wiring hole, but glovebox has two screws near the vents, one either side near the the bottom of the glovebox door and then a 10mm bolt behind the glovebox light (just pop out the light and unbolt with a socket wrench.

Good luck!

cheers that will be the easy part.

i read on bimmerforums that the people have been drilling through the fire wall :o think im just gunna have to squeeze her through with the other cables. lill bit of the ol WD40 an im sure itl just glide through.

There's a factory hole just above the passenger footrest under the glove box, you need to pull the carpet down a bit. Theres a rubber thing in there to stop crap coming through but allows you to feed wires through. Find the rubber thingy, push coat hanger strength wire through it, strap some wire to the coat hanger and pull it thru in the engine bay. It's pretty simple and there's lot of room, as long as you don't have an after-market alarm.

well i am trying to run a wire from my engine bay into the glove box and cant seem to find a point to run the wires through. there has too be something that i have missed?

To add to what ecko said above, there is also at least one hole on the driver's side - around where the pedals are. Lift the carpets and you should spot it. I can't remember exactly but there might be a plug in place. I've run wires through to the engine bay before.

Also is there a diffrence in rear bumpers between coupe's and four doors?

I think i should invest in a bentley manual. it was a priceless investment for the E30

E36 Coupe & Sedan use the same front and rear bumper, and sideskirts.

The Bentley is a must-own. I'm actually considering selling mine, hmm.

Yep I used the passengers side one...I'd take a picture but it wouldnt make sense....just pop the bung off and pass a coat hanger through till you see it pop out.

There's a factory hole just above the passenger footrest under the glove box, you need to pull the carpet down a bit. Theres a rubber thing in there to stop crap coming through but allows you to feed wires through. Find the rubber thingy, push coat hanger strength wire through it, strap some wire to the coat hanger and pull it thru in the engine bay. It's pretty simple and there's lot of room, as long as you don't have an after-market alarm.

:D worked a treat! cheers guys.

To add to what ecko said above, there is also at least one hole on the driver's side - around where the pedals are. Lift the carpets and you should spot it. I can't remember exactly but there might be a plug in place. I've run wires through to the engine bay before.

E36 Coupe & Sedan use the same front and rear bumper, and sideskirts.

The Bentley is a must-own. I'm actually considering selling mine, hmm.

let me know if you wanna part with it ill be keen as.