Sign in to follow this  
HossE36

What Bulbs?

What wattage can I run in the headlights? both are 55w at the mo but find dip is almost non existant when driving at night, can I safely run 100w with out burning out the wires?

55w. I wouldn't go higher than factory.

If your headlights aren't putting out enough light they need a clean. That's the real fix. When the headlights are clean they put out good light.

100w and you will be blinding every other driver on the road, dipped or not.

100w and you will be blinding every other driver on the road, dipped or not.

Not entirley true, sure 100w are brighter but it is the glare that dazzles oncomers. If set correctly on a beamsetter - the 100's dont create any more glare than 55 (can measure this on beamsetter meter)

Agreed though OE headlights are fine when clean, (inside & outside) if they arent, no matter what size bulb -you fit wont fix light output.

Also agreed - DONT fit higher wattage bulbs, you may be able to improve on standard halogen however by fitting zenon ultras - still 55w but whiter brighter light output than standard

Not entirley true, sure 100w are brighter but it is the glare that dazzles oncomers. If set correctly on a beamsetter - the 100's dont create any more glare than 55 (can measure this on beamsetter meter)

Exactly - xenon puts out way more lumens than any 100w halogen bulb but aimed correctly will not cause glare.

HossE36,

I had similar issues with light output coming from a HID(Xenon) setup on my Honda.

I suggest giving the light cluster a decent clean and then changing bulbs.

If you go to Repco, you should be able to find Philips H1 bulbs.

I use the Premium for dipped beam and Vision Plus for high beam.

I'm not that convinced that you get an extra 20m in beam length but it is better than stock bulbs. :)

Cheers.

Edited by lidistick

Exactly - xenon puts out way more lumens than any 100w halogen bulb but aimed correctly will not cause glare.

false.....prove it.proper HID kits will put out way more lumens.....so called Xenon dont...show me some numbers

false.....prove it.proper HID kits will put out way more lumens.....so called Xenon dont...show me some numbers

By 'Xenon' I meant HID.

I am just using Philips Vision Plus on my dipped and see to be fine looks white at night but the beam isnt white?

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

When I look at the lights on the car the light looks white...but when I look at what the light shines, its not that white at all...haha sorry, I put it in a real hard way lol...

When I look at the lights on the car the light looks white...but when I look at what the light shines, its not that white at all...haha sorry, I put it in a real hard way lol...

Haha I get it now - do the bulbs have a blue tint on them? The halogen bulbs that put out white light usually do. At the end of the day they're just halogen bulbs and the actual beam can't match HID white. I think they look white when you look at them head on because they're so bright that our eye interprets it as being whiter than it is.

Haha I get it now - do the bulbs have a blue tint on them? The halogen bulbs that put out white light usually do. At the end of the day they're just halogen bulbs and the actual beam can't match HID white. I think they look white when you look at them head on because they're so bright that our eye interprets it as being whiter than it is.

Its Philips Vision Plus 50+...should but doesnt lol...I suppose you're right lol...