Sign in to follow this  
bradc

war on strat1

I've just posted this comment on that cheap rebuilt 520 -> M5 auction that he is currently winning

Please remove the bid by strat1, he constantly has other cars on trademe for $1 reserve and always gets phantom bidders to bid, then relists them the next week. Check his bmw 535 he has for sale at the moment. It's been relisted at least 4 times now. He is very arrogant in all of the auctions when answering questions, always puts invalid plates on the cars for sale, etc. I just don't beleive he can be trusted, and I would hate for you to be mucked around by this tosser over such an awesome car

Anyone else keen to post up some comments on the M5 auction?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.as...amp;permanent=0

Or if not, here is his fake auction for an ugly car that he will put phantom bids on if you aren't bidding high enough

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.as...4419&v=List

Have entered the fray just added my 2 cents worth for all it may do, smiling from ear to ear I thought I was very restrained with what I finally said HA HA

I'm sure its gold Allan

Edited by tire

I really think we should not be using someone elses auction for a war on strat1.Whatever strat 1 behaviour on his own auctions should not be a reason to sabotage someone elses auction.We have absolutely no evidence to suggest he will not go through with the purchase of the "m5"He certainly seems to have the means to purchase it.

carry out "attcks" on starts own auctions...my 2c

i wonder if i was the one who wasn't black listed - "would you take $2,000 and a honda city turbo?"

no it was the guy who wasnt around for the auctions end....

Paul's right, dont fcuk someone elses auction up to get at this turd.

Also Nick021, whats the problem with him buying something, repainting it and selling it at a higher price ?

Granted he is a prick and his repainting leaves alot to be desired but I dont see him selling anything so isnt that his perogative ?

Has anyone thought about reporting this a**hole to Trademe? Do you reckon they'd do anything about him?

No, because he generates them revenue. As said previously.

No, because he generates them revenue. As said previously.

I meant for all the fallen through auctions and messing people around.

Its just such a shame that someone like that would try and make a quick buck off an M5 when theres many people who would use it and enjoy it. The thing is that he's not improving it, just spraying wherever he thinks the paint would stick, and then he thinks he's doubled what he bought it for.

Thats my point though, has he actually bought sold anything yet ?

Buying and selling is what makes the wold go round. Sure his taste is all in his mouth and he's a grade A prick when it comes to his auctions but he is not going to sell anything treating people like that is he?

As for the M5 bit....its fine as a 'Q' car but an M5 its not, just my opinion thats all ;)

Thats my point though, has he actually bought sold anything yet ?

Buying and selling is what makes the wold go round. Sure his taste is all in his mouth and he's a grade A prick when it comes to his auctions but he is not going to sell anything treating people like that is he?

As for the M5 bit....its fine as a 'Q' car but an M5 its not, just my opinion thats all ;)

Its just the way he goes about doing it, giving stupid answers to legitimate questions on his auctions and then expecting A+ answers on questions he asks. I think he's just got to me.

I just don't want that M5 (or whatever you call it :wacko: ) to be the next 535

my point is...dont F&^%k up the auction for the M5,,,wait until strat tries to sell it again if you dont like what he does....its not the Guys with the "m5" problem now.

ok, probably could have explained it better.

I'm worried that the owner of the M5 will be shafted and or messed around by strat1, which he won't want at all

If this guy is annoying you so much ask the Trade me people to see what are the conditions under which he must operate. Watch the auction carefully if he crosses the line tell the powers to be what has taken place. If he has already done so as seems the case to some people let them know and maybe they may do something.

This can be very frustrating I know but hay life is like that sometimes take it as a challenge not a vendetta. Rise above it.

Oh! I had an e-mail this morning from my Q I asked NO was the answer. Didn't think I would get to much more from him. Maybe he may get his wish and people will, quote"keep away from this one".

Guest Simon*

Are we using our powers for evil or good? :)

Brad mate, I agree that I don't really want to see this M5 fall into strat's hands, even it is "special" (a good pairing maybe?)

But now that you've warned the seller - in no uncertain terms! - I think it would be best to let that auction be.

His feedback makes interesting reading too for those who haven't been through it. He's got some seriously bad feedback on some of his sales. Somewhere in there he admitted to be an ex-car dealer, and with apologies to Alex and any others here :) , he has the personality of a dodgy one for sure.

He's obviously on the lookout for bargains to turn around (with or without spraypaint) to make a quick buck - which like Martyn says is no crime in itself, but I think we're all agreed that he's an a**hole in the way he goes about it.

He's done a bit of business with JP too, so if he's still around maybe he could shed some light on what this guy is like in person?

no it was the guy who wasnt around for the auctions end....

haha............ that was me :P luckily I have 3 trade me alias(s?) me, work, and my wife. Now all I have to do is think of something really really really clever to say!

I am only a NOOBIE here, but I've been following these auctions with interest, and following the discussions here with equal interest.

Strat1 sells a lot of stuff on TradeMe, athough it remains a mystery to me how he does. He doesn't discriminate: he is rude to everyone alike. I took a look at the TradeMe Code of Conduct, and found this: "Offensive language or abuse of members anywhere on the site will not be accepted, this includes the Question and Answer feature on auctions, the message boards and the feedback forum."

I sent the following message to TradeMe Support yesterday:

"Auction 140086487 was a $1 No-Reserve auction and sold for $2210. The seller was abusive to fair & reasonable questions. Evidently the sale wasn't completed and it has been relisted (auction 143924419). I'm not impressed with the seller's manner. Why does this seller feel the need need to be so rude and agressive???

This morning, I got the following response:

Dear Nick,

Thanks for contacting us. I have looked into this matter and understand your frustration in this situation. The appropriate action has now been taken against this member. Thank you for helping us police the Trade Me website.

If you have any further questions or if I can be of any further help please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Catherine

Trade Me

Support

Perhaps nothing will change. But I feel better having done something constructive. Maybe if a few of you guys send a similar message to TradeMe, it may add a bit of weight.

My $0.02

Has anyone thought about reporting this a**hole to Trademe? Do you reckon they'd do anything about him?

I did, but nothing came of it. Not even a response. He needs to be shot!

I'm waiting ....when he joins here....then you can have some fun.

Guest Simon*

I'm waiting ....when he joins here....then you can have some fun.

Yeah I wondered about that

Would be a laugh if he stumbled upon us :D

Hi All

To be honest, I am getting a bit sick of the "War on Strat1". Although I think the guy is a complete tool, and I wouldn't trade with him in a million years, I think that the constant bagging of him, and the wanting to start a war with him is going a bit far, especially when other legitimate auctions are being brought into it (i.e. the reshelled M5). Surely it is up to the powers that be on Trademe to sort him out should he cross the line, not a bunch of vigilante BMW forum members.

You probably think that the questions are making him angry, or pissing him off, however my experience with a$$holes such as this guy is that they thrive on being wound up, and love every minute of it, rather than having the desired effect of making him pull his head in.

Anyway, if nothing else, his auctions make for funny reading.

Cheers

Grant