Sign in to follow this  
MattA

325 motorsport

can someone please post the factory specs for E30 325 motorsport, am sort of thinking about pulling the pin on my project and upgrading.

my project semi complete:

Was 320 '87 now 2.5

-manual short shift kitted

-17" rims

-upgraded to disks (rear)

-lowered on king springs

-new front shocks (monroe gt gas)

-Bride sport seats (black)

-2 door

-colour gold sort of (changes dependent on light)

-I have the air con system but not fitted

To complete:

-fit stereo

-fit aircon

-the biggy LSD

it is REG and WOF my wife drives it daily.

How much do you think it is worth?

cheers Matt

here is a list of the standard specs and price at march 1990 for the 90 325i sport so the motorsport should hav about 90% of that stuff at least

-rrp 21,490pounds

-2door only

-front vented disc brakes; rear solid disc brakes

-anti-lock braking system

-de-chrome

-m technic steering wheel (style ii), leather gear knob and gaiter

-m technic sports suspension

-spoiler equipment front, rear spoilers & side, rear skirts (style ii)

-colour-coded door mirrors

-5-speed sports gearbox with conventional gate pattern

-limited-slip differential (25% lock up)

-alloy wheels(7j x 15 cross spoke style)

-bmw sports seats

-rear center arm-rest

-opening side rear windows

-velour carpeting

-anthracitc roof lining

-check/control system

-halogen front fog lights

-headlight cleaning system

-map reading lamps

Sport had 5-spd dog box, LSD, 200bhp, Mtech II kit, recaros, ....

... much, much different from a Motorsport - unless you are trying to sell a Motorsport.

Juzzie Wuzzie Posted on Jun 28 2004, 09:09 PM

Sport had 5-spd dog box, LSD, 200bhp, Mtech II kit, recaros, ....

... much, much different from a Motorsport - unless you are trying to sell a Motorsport.

i dont realy understand :wacko: , i said it the sport had the sports box the lsd mtech 2 kit and recaros, from my list the motorsport has all the stuff but the sports box and they run the standard 325i motor which is why i said they only hav 90% of the stuff that i listed, correct me if im wrong or ill b wrong till im told right :P thanx

Well mines defnitly a genuine motorsport, although it has the bmw recaros aswell. Thats some interesting facts on my ride, thanks.

Hang on, I didn't know this but there are motorsports and just sports. So the Motorsports (M325i) have the bodykit and sports suspension and nicer steering wheels etc but don't have LSD standard and have standard 325i engine. Whereas the 325i Sport (325iS) has all the goodies that 318i Turbo mentioned.

Is the difference between 325i and 325iS similar to 318i and 318iS?

Please correct me if I got any of this wrong. How many 325iS are there in NZ?

318i Turbo - your post suggests the Sport had a straight box - it should have a dog leg box. The latter is a good way (not fool-proof, however) of determining that an E30 is a Sport (or an M3). Beware, a dog leg box could have been fitted to any 325i, post production.

This topic repeats itself again. Here goes:

Sports = only about 3,700 produced. 99% were two door - I know of a single four door (and oddly enough, automatic) version. MTech II kit, dog-leg 5spd CR-box, LSD, recaros, special steering wheel, full-OBC, 200bhp as a modified motor.

Motorsports = either factory (most prized) or aftermarket (less prized) kit fitted to standard 170bhp 325i. Either MTech I or II kit, straight 5spd box, LSD was optional, as was computer, etc, etc, etc. i.e. you just purchased your 325i and "bolted on" what the budget would allow.

Many people consider that they have "Sports" when, in fact, they have Motorsports. 325iS is not a Sport - the latter being (or should be) designated M325i Sport. I think the 325iS is an American incarnation, the terminology now being (incorrectly in some cases) being used world-wide.

There are some good books out there on this (and other topics). Well worth a read.

Ok so the motorsport sounds good.. anyone keen to give me an indication of the value of my existing car? or has anyone recently purchased/looked at something similar.... cheers

and anyone be interested in possible trade +$$$

Guest Spargo

Like this topic hasn't been done to death.

325iS was american, NO M-tec bits. Although some SA M-tec cars were known my the same name.

325i Sport is British, where the spec is the same as our Motorsports. Not the one with the hypo motor. If you have an imported Sport, its likely to be this.

(M) 325i Motorsport. Ex factory NZ cars with M-tec goodies. Although, BMW NZ used to kit up basic spec 325i cars with M-tec II kit and suspension, and sell them as 325i Motorsports. Many of these are for sale, but they don't even have an LSD FFS! These are so over priced as to be unbelievable. Owners also get pissed of when you tell them their car is worth 5/8ths of f**k all. Like TMBMW did when i told them :finger:

Easiest way to tell is the black headliner, which only got fitted at factory (germany) So if it's got a black headliner, its a genuine NZ new Motorsport.

325i Sport is British, where the spec is the same as our Motorsports. Not the one with the hypo motor. If you have an imported Sport, its likely to be this.

Are you sure - 325i Sport (c.3,700 made) had the 191hp engine by my understanding. Happy to be proved wrong.

Well I've found one with blackheadliner and in unbelievable condition.. :bounce: :mosh:

so any one interested in mine? (with all the free advice available on here am suprised no-one has told me how much I could get for mine... someone have a go ya know ya wanna..

Guest Spargo

Are you sure - 325i Sport (c.3,700 made) had the 191hp engine by my understanding. Happy to be proved wrong.
British ones were known as "Sport" but there was also the hig comp motor "Sport"

Whihc was known by that name as well.

You could buy a "Sport" with no kit and such, but with the motor, and goodies such as and LSD and recaros. There was one for sale last week.

Everything i've read on the suject pretty much boils down to the same cars being called different things in different markets. The only real difference being the "Sports" as they were known by BMW. Pretty much all the other words such as Motorsport, UK Sport SA's 325iS, were invented by their respective home market BMW HQ's.

So did the US 325iS have the high comp engine then? Also the high comp engine must have been a match for M3's. Similar power and much more torque.

Guest Spargo

Yea, a match for an M3 for sure.

US 325iS is a glorifed 325i SE. Nothing special about them at all.

Im getting so confused cos my car states in the registration right back to wen it was brort into britain that it is a m325i SPORT, but doesnt have the dogleg box, well i dont think it does. :wacko:

British ones were known as "Sport" but there was also the hig comp motor "Sport"

Whihc was known by that name as well.

You could buy a "Sport" with no kit and such, but with the motor, and goodies such as and LSD and recaros. There was one for sale last week.

Everything i've read on the suject pretty much boils down to the same cars being called different things in different markets. The only real difference being the "Sports" as they were known by BMW. Pretty much all the other words such as Motorsport, UK Sport SA's 325iS, were invented by their respective home market BMW HQ's.

I'll beg to differ, but we can agree to disagree. Much easier to avoid and get an M3.

My brothers friend has a m-tec 2 hes selling cos he has a e30 M3 on a ship to auckland from uk for $19000, sweet aye. B)

Im not too sure il ask him, but i know he was saying he has contacts with some important ppl who deal with the imports, or his dad does, im so jealous of him, ohwell maybe il get a ride hehe :P

well iv been searching all day and hav finaly found the answer to the sports box :mosh: ,as i said from the list of stuff i put earlyer the sports has a 5-speed sports gearbox with conventional gate pattern, the way to tell is on the serial number found on the bell houseing the standard box has NW, TNW or ANB then the rest of the number but the sports box will hav NN, TNN or HJ.

my bad the numbers come first then the letters, i just went out and looked at mine 050762nw and hav a 3.63 lsd :( with the sports box it the first 1st,2nd and 3rd gear that are longer, 4th and 5th are the same as the standard box and it will hav a 3.91 lsd