Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

Indicator

My drivers side indicator blinker has stopped working, I have tried 3 different bulbs and still no go.

Im not the best with electronic things so does anyone have any idea how to fix it or why it wont be working?

Or should I just take it to a auto sparky and just let them deal with it?

My drivers side indicator blinker has stopped working, I have tried 3 different bulbs and still no go.

Im not the best with electronic things so does anyone have any idea how to fix it or why it wont be working?

Or should I just take it to a auto sparky and just let them deal with it?

Are both ends out or just one? Both could indicate switch or similar, if only one then wiring to or connection/ bulb connections - or 3 crook bulbs....

if no luck & not really sure what you are dong - probably best to see a sparky - probably only a 10 min fix

Cheers

Yea its just that one front one that doesnt work the rest are all fine, I was begging to think I had 3 bad bulbs but I took a few from other indicators that deffinatly work and still no luck.

Guess I'll have to take a trip to the auto sparky or just get someone at work to look at it

Hey Ryan mine did the exact same thing, I used a few bulbs with no luck, I eventually just followed the wiring and un plugged and re-plugged everything, and then it worked, I can only assume it was a loose connection, possibly the same thing????

Cheers.

Alex.

Mine comes loose every now and then. A quick tap on the outside usually sorts itself out. Otherwise take the bulb out and clean the contacts.

my front one stop working just the other day too. The connection behind the bumper was just loose.

Sounds pretty common, My indicators did the same thing about a month ago. Just cleaned up the connector and she was all good again.

same thing happens to me, I have tried clean up the connectors but still not working, do you guys know any place that I bring to, it's so annoying when I do left turn and people still think that I'm going straight :(