Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew

Don't race this e30..

Guest Andrew

When I was down at Bellars Motor Works to Dyno the car the other day.. We spotted an odd car.. fugly blue 318.. with the BMW DR plates inside.. hmm Get closer to the front and see the ripped off front panels which has been painted very black underneath.. including the engine bay...

wait a minute is that a brand spanking new fully worked 3.5 ltr 335 hp motor sitting in there?!! badass.

This car will be fully black and he already has the m3 widearches which are going on. Very cool.

Tight fit isn't it.. nearly touches the radiator.. I don't expect to see a visco fan running there.

post-2-1088979769.jpg

Bellars motorworks on constellation next to Wendy's?

Thats where my family take all our cars too....small world. :rolleyes:

Yea bloody tight fit there!

Guest Andrew

Bellars motorworks on constellation next to Wendy's?

Thats where my family take all our cars too....small world.  :rolleyes:

Yea bloody tight fit there!

Thats the one - cept I only take mine there for a dyno if I need it.

I usually go to Ernst at Bavarian Motors.

power/weight? lots/little? awesome car....engine is seriously brand new....never cranked i imagine....and its black

hmmm darkness

Guest Andrew

3 words that i know everyone is thinking .... I WANT IT!

I don't actually - will be rather front heavy.

Guest Andrew

Andrew do you know where he got the engine mounts from, are they the Alpina B6 ones???

Didn't ask him - he may have made them himself. Although he is a bit of an Alpina nut.. so its possible.

nice... how'd he get 335hp? i want that power figures for my 3.5 M30.... I found out that my car only weighs 1560kgs... (weighed at the feilding dump) so if i got that power out of my engine it would be could be equally as good as that E30 if not better (better weight division)

I don't actually - will be rather front heavy

it depends wat posion he has put it in, there was the early alpina which had it up up front , the later alpina had it back a bit more, and the hartage had it back even more but needed a but of the firewall cut hartage clamed that it had the same wight disterbusion as the 325i so if hes done it right it wouldnt be all to bad

well i want it anyway, brand new engine it would be perfect like driving a e30 straight out of the showroom in the 80's well a bit faster and heavier anyway

.but still nice

sh*t with 335hp throw some ballast in the back..... very very nice some serious$$$ does that

does anyone actually know how much it costs for a E46 M3 engine .. ?

Price for new and second hand, and where can i get them from would be nice ..

and lots and lots and lots...

hahah .. that still gives me no idication of how much they cost ..

$10,000 ?

it would be nice to drop a huge, over powered beema engine into your car, but youve gotta think if you would be getting the amount of bang for your buck, im guessing out of 10k thats your sr20det, with diff and gearbox and engine mounts done aswell as tuning, and youd still have enough for more than a few dozen.

i know what id choose.

gotta love that BMW sound thou dont ya?

mmm i wouldnt mind just with a e36 325i or 328i engine in mine. it would be nice. but dont know if it would be worth the price it would cost

Edited by bimmer boy

$10k will get you a fairly good E36 M3 engine out of germany (not counting shipping). E46 would probably run you $20k+

No need to look to germany for a E36 M3 , there are plenty of wrecked whole cars here for under 10 grand

Guest Andrew

mmm i wouldnt mind just with a e36 325i or 328i engine in mine. it would be nice. but dont know if it would be worth the price it would cost

no - its not worth the cost.

For the same price or less you can have a 300hp 1JZ like glenn !