Sign in to follow this  
cammy83

New Member - 97 BMW 318TI M3

Hi there

Was told that I should sign up to this site by a friend who owns a BMW, and I thought I'd give it a go as I have had my BMW for a week.

Cheers Cammy

Lucky bugger getting a M3

I got a 318ti as well (not a M3 tho) and will have to say its the best car I have driven in a long time.

Welcome to our forum Cammy

A 318TI M3 ???? I dont think so. You might find its just got a M3 badge on it . Or do you have two cars ???

Cheers

Glenn

Big Welcome please post some photo's or your ride.

Welcome mate, nice a 318ti and an m3!

Welcome mate, nice a 318ti and an m3!

I'm confused now.... My car is a nice 1997 BMW 318TI and it has the symbol M3 on it and i was told that it was a motor sports one when I purchased the car over easter...

As I do not know much about those stuff I wondered if you could help me out?

post-2918-1206744539_thumb.jpg

Lucky bugger getting a M3

I got a 318ti as well (not a M3 tho) and will have to say its the best car I have driven in a long time.

Hey dude - I think I got a similar car as yours - mine is a 97 model and it is exactly the same but it has a symbol saying MIII if you know what i mean... Can i ask what it means?

Nice 318 mate... I like it in black (hard to keep clean though!) :)

Your car is a 318ti M-Sport. Meaning it has the sports bodykit/wheels/lights/interior fitted from the factory. So just change the M3 part in your avatar to "M-Sport" and you're good to go!

Welcome to the site BTW, you'll learn heaps more about your car by hanging around!

Hey dude - I think I got a similar car as yours - mine is a 97 model and it is exactly the same but it has a symbol saying MIII if you know what i mean... Can i ask what it means?

Like they say dude It makes me wonder.

My 318ti is a genuine M-spec (vin number says so :D ) The badge on the Door says BMW MotorSport International and have a M badge on the boot, as in ///M

Maybe you could post your VIN number and it could be checked

A site that does a quick vin decode

http://www.bmw-z1.com/VIN/VINdecode-e.cgi
Edited by sp8s

The badge on the Door says BMW MotorSport International and have a M badge on the boot, as in ///M

The BMW Motorsport International would have me believe that Lyall (and Conrod) were the people that fiddled with it before it went out of Motorsport Lifestyle (on the Strand) as they did the work for BMW.

Edited by Cain

The BMW Motorsport International would have me believe that Lyall (and Conrod) were the people that fiddled with it before it went out of Motorsport Lifestyle (on the Strand) as they did the work for BMW.

Dont get you on this one

What does that mean :unsure:

BMW NZ used to send the cars to Lifestyle Motorsport (or was it the other way round) to have the aftermarket parts fitted to them. They did Schnitzer, Racing Dynamics, etc. Your car may only have a set of skirts and mags. Who knows.

If you go to BMW and ask for your build-sheet, you will have an answer.

Welcome :) The correct badge for your car would be ///M and not ///M3.

CAM!! Hey man! (its matt btw)

yes, his car has ///M not ///M3

and yes... it is veeeeeery nice :rolleyes: