Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Rear Vision Mirror - What the...

I've asked 318touring already, but here it is anyways...

Can anyone explain to me what No Card means? The rear vision mirror looks like the size of a small planet, she's massive. It's also got a black box beside it also...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Deeveus525i

Navigation? Does it take an SD card?

Otherwise, I'd guess a SIM card for your phone.

There's a CF Card reader in the boot for the Navigation, next to the DVD ROM for the Navi... Dunno if that would be it though on the rear vision mirror?

Would be keen to know where the SIM card goes. Has the phone underneath the centre console behind the gear shifter but there's actually no phone underneath there, there's just a port and cradle for what looks like to be a Nokia phone?

Edited by Deeveus525i

Have a look inside your armrest to see whether the car used to come with a phone. Although with Bluetooth it doesn't need any of that....

I've never seen anything like that before. Learning new thing everyday, eh?

Learning new thing everyday, eh?

Dear o farkin dear 318, you have no idea.

Imagine what the 7 Series are like at the moment, Imagine what the new 5 series will be like when they release it in 2011 :mellow:

The box behind the mirror would be the rain sensor (or ambient light sensor?), haven't seen a mirror like that though, was thinking maybe 'no card' refers to a SIM card for some SOS function but I think the SOS mirrors have a separate button for that.

I would expect that the aerial for the GPS is in that great ugly box behind the Mirror. Therefore, the warning may be shown there.

No idea, just chucking them out there.

I would expect that the aerial for the GPS is in that great ugly box behind the Mirror. Therefore, the warning may be shown there.

No idea, just chucking them out there.

I'm pretty sure the GPS aerial is in the shark fin on the back (middle) near the rear window. Because that other box is behind the mirror, you can't actually see it (barely) from the outside, and you definetley can't see it from the inside unless you look on a angle from the floor on the passengers side.

Cheers :)

Edited by Deeveus525i

You have an ex-Japan BMW

The NO CARD refers to the integrated automatic toll charge system, built into the rear view mirror.

You puchase credit, or buy a card that identifies you, and toll charges on Japanese motorways are then automatically billed to you as you drive through the toll gates.

Only used in Japan, useless in any other country in the world.

Give me your chassis number, I can look up some more info on it.

Found it:

For the E60

ETC Electronic Toll Collector

The Electronic Toll Collector (ETC) is a control unit for billing road tolls. The ETC is fitted in the inside mirror and connected to the navigation system.

Edited by jochen