Sign in to follow this  
Carl

SI road trip

I'm thinking I might take a week off sometime in september to take a ferry over from Welly then drive down the west coast then across to Dunners and then back up through to middle...anyone keen???

late sept/early oct could be could good...depending on the race craft meet....i should have bilsteins by then :)

sounds good carl, ill bring the 5, i mite b at uni then tho so we'll have to see when ive got holidays, but sounds damn cool

should go down in time for a South Island BMWCC event.

wrap my car in bubble wrap so it dosnt get scratched on the ferry.

:lol: that's a seriously cool idea, where can we get a large amount of bubble wrapping from...

Hey you's could have a BS meet in CHCH and DUnners ... then i could meet some of ya's .. lol .. :mosh: :thumb:

Bumpstop could you even get your car up the ramp for the ferry.

I could be interested if I can get the car warrented.

I use to live on the west (Wet) coast.

J, if you can't get your car warranted then you can pawn rides from anyone going.

I'm guessing i'll be organising this trip if ppl want to go, i'll be definately doing this even if it's alone b/c I haven't seen all of NZ yet simply b/c I haven't done the west coast yet.

My mission will be backpacking in Nelson, on the west coast, and perhaps Queenstown. Have friends in Dunners and a brother in Chch so those cities are sweet.

If I wasn't taking 2 weeks + leave to go to the States, I would have been keen. The roads in the South Island are second to none.

Cheers

Started cat today and it seems to be going great.

While away from warrant yet but getting there.

If I go I have places to stay in Nelson. (In Laws)

FYI: Attened BMWCC meeting today, there's interest from their club so it looks like i'm organising something that will be advertised in the Dixi...oh brother...will have to organise some sort of ferry crossing discount possibly with blue lines...

Bump

Undiscounted it's going to be $300 return for each car incl driver, need several cars to get a deal with bluebridge

If I wasn't taking 2 weeks + leave to go to the States, I would have been keen. The roads in the South Island are second to none.

Cheers

HMMMMMM central otago roads are great, apart from how my dad and i were skiing down there a while ago and got a speeding ticket in our rental corolla on a road that is so deserted it just wasnt funny!!

Well it was funny when the ticket was being written out- an old man drove past and started abusing the cop, then sped off!! LOL!!

But yea a si strip sounds kool, i dont know any of you and i dont evn belong... yet, but im sure that can be fixed!

And anyway, f*ck uni, im taking nex simesta off for some R+R!

Bumpity bump

If i'm not working in a new contract then the tentative date for the SI trip will be September 12th - 19th

Bumpity bump.

Alright, dates are confirmed, all you have to do is get yourself and your bimmer to Nelson by monday the 13th.

Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th:

Get to Nelson, crashing at Jamahls parents place, causing general mayhem to residents and pedestrians.

Monday 13th:

Drive from Nelson to Westport, crashing at backpackers and doing it cheap

Tuesday 14th:

Drive from Westport down the coast to Franz Josef, get on the piss with some locals and cause general havoc, accomo provided by friendly native girls

Wednesdsay 15th:

Drive from FJ through to Queenstown then on to Dunedin, very good very long drive this one. Will hit up Ali and others for accomo, i'll be chasing up on some uni girls and generally disturbing the peace.

Thursday 16th:

Onward to Christchurch, accomo provided by my brother and other bimmersport members from Chch.

Friday the 17th:

I'm thinking maybe a drive to Hamner hot springs and relaxing after our torturous journey.

Depending on ferry crossings will determine the rest of your weekend, i'll probbly stick around in chch friday night.

When you saying hitting my up with accomodation do you mean crashing at my place ?? cause i highly doubt that many can cause by that stage i'll be living in a tiny 2bdrm house with my parents ...

But if you mean weather i can recommend cheap accomodation ... that i can manage ...

Wowee si in a week!!?? las time i did it it took a month!!

Yeah Ali, I meant both :)

I got a place in Dunners to crash at and i'd say there'd be others with friends down there too but for those that don't

Anyways, there's two bloody threads on this now...someone kill one of them please

If it was a year and half from now then people probably could crash at my house but not currently .. cause we are moving to a temperary house until our new house is built ... so this temp house is like ... err TINY !

But i'll could go and inquire up on some accomodation .... what sort of accomodoation would you's like .. ?? camping ground ? motel ? backpackers ? hotel ? etc ... and how many people is going to be living there ??

Anyways, there's two bloody threads on this now...someone kill one of them please

WEST!!!!

port.

lockizzle

sorry damo...deleted the other one last nite w/o mentioning it

damn bats