Sign in to follow this  
rowanhol

Green M5 back on trademe

I have no issues with the car, and the fact that it is not the original chassis. If Guido (BM Workshop) did the transfer over of the M5 componentry into the 520i chassis, it will be as good as the original.

If I was more that mildy tempted, I would have bought this the first time around (I did "um" and "ahh" a bit).

Cheers

Grant

I'd dominate that car if i could afford it....

Seems to me that at the price, caring about the meaningless name of it's ancestor, is much akin to an old fool spewing when he learns that his wife put Anchor butter on his toast instead of Mainland :o

hmm yes, i'm a little tempted myself but at the end of the day if i'm going to splash out thousands on a classic car i'd rather have something "genuine".. granted Guido would have done a flawless job and in reallity you would never tell the difference between that and a genuine m5 but it would still be in the back of my mind haunting me..knowing that it's not original. but it is cheap

Edited by yeeeargh

Guest Simon*

Not sure if this is still listed but interesting to me is the fact that the guy who bought it - and is currently selling it - is the same guy I bought my 540iS from.

Similar story too. Once the auction had run its course he stepped in and bought it relatively cheaply. He then goes and plays with it for a few months (less in this case) and flicks it on - may not lose anything moneywise in the process. Who knows he may have found something wrong with it or decided he didn't like it.

Aparantly he's off to Australia..

it sold for 12k,pretty sure thats what he payed for it.

Guest Simon*

Aparantly he's off to Australia..

it sold for 12k,pretty sure thats what he payed for it.

Go ahead Rowan!

Offer him 9K - sell everything you own :)

Cheapest M5 (don't won't to hear all the bleating about how it's this, it's that) you could possibly get

Is he still in Nelson too? Practically made to order mate, it's just up the road!

new owner is in timaru i think..glad it's still in the south island.maybe if i save all my pennies i could afford it by the time it pops up for sale again! at 12k its worth every cent,but too much for me.I dont think the seller liked my offer of 9k hehe. still checking trademe every now and then for a 540i