Sign in to follow this  
Venatus

Front/Side indicator Bulbs

Can anyone ahem...shed some "light" on what bulb type the indicators are? mainly the side ones, I cant find out what they are.

I need to get some super bright replacement ones, the paint ive gotten for tinting the indicators makes them pitch black and its kind of hard to see the light, and I like how dark they are, so Im thinking brighter bulbs are the way to go...

Reckon these little buggers will fit?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-150997777.htm

The side indicators should be a 5w wedge bulb. Im not sure if they make them in a higher wattage, and FYI the LED version bulbs dont distribute the light evenly around the whole light if you get what I mean, so when you turn the indicator on you will have flashing spots.

Also be aware that when using LED light bulbs as indicators that the car will proberbly read the bulb as being blown because of the low wattage causing to blink fast as if there were a blown bulb.

Ah damn, good point about the car thinking theyre blown, Id say youre right, but ill give it a go anyway...

Yeah Im fine with the LEDs not distributing light evenly, stock the indicators have a bright spot where the bulb is anyway, im just wanting something bright enough to flash a bit better through the smoked housings.

Thanks for the help