Sign in to follow this  
simke

F*** I don't believe this

Just got woken up by the building manager, saying someone managed to get into apartmant garage and broke into a few cars including mine. Broken passenger window, took radar detector, portable hard drive and even my sun glasses. Oh and there are cuts in the leather on passenger seat from the broken glass. I wish I had caught them doing this, I would've ripped his f***in head off.

Police are coming back at 9am to take fingerprints and all, but somehow I doubt they'll do much.

Bugga :( Not nice to have this happen. But, unfortunatley its a sign of the times we live in

Must have been those damn honey bees. Wouldnt the apartment parking complex have cameras?

Must have been those damn honey bees. Wouldnt the apartment parking complex have cameras?

This one unfortunately doesn't. Last time they had a break in here was about 3 years ago.

At least the building manager was alerted and saw the guy and gave him a chase, but he got away. Maybe he'll be able to give some sort of description to the police. But as I said, I doubt they'll do anything useful.

Edited by Simke

At least the police have come to take prints, they could be re-offenders, unfortunately heres hoping.

I have also learnt the hard way (3 times) that an apartment garage is is a supermarket for the scum of the earth...

We have cameras in our car park, it has reduced the amount of break-ins by 90% but the few punks that have been

caught on camera haven't been brought to justice.

Hope it doesn't cost you too much time and money getting it back on the road.

The car is covered by full insurnace, so its just the question of how long it will take to replace the glass and the question is what to do with the passenger seat, it has a few cuts. And there are a few scratches on the door below the window as well. Having dealt with insurance before, it may take a while to fix all this up.

And the detector and hard drive are not covered, both of which are less than 6 months old.

Well this whole month has been s*** anyway, so it kinda doesn't surprise me that much...

Edited by Simke

dude .. I feel your pain .. I've had this happen twice last year :/ and the exact same things nicked!

As for the leather damage you insurance company should cover it .. get a qoute from retro vehicle enhancments they are about the only people I know that do an A++ job on retrimming.

Its a popular thing for apartments to be done over unfortunitly. And the body corps idea of a securiy door is usually just those trashey cheap alloy gates that you can pop off buy applying pressur in the middle of the door :(

As for the leather damage you insurance company should cover it .. get a qoute from retro vehicle enhancments they are about the only people I know that do an A++ job on retrimming.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try them. Was just on the phone to insurance, hopfully someone will come today from Smith&Smith to replace the window so at least I can drive around, and then will have to do an assesment for the seat.

What a pain... some days its just not worth getting out of the bed :(

Sorry to hear that mate, hope the 5-0 do their job.

Really sorry to hear about this man. I know how you feel, I've had this happen twice. Apartments just aren't secure, security doors or not, cameras or not. Best form of security is just to keep everything out of view or take them with you when you leave the car. It's a pain but this is what we're reduced to nowadays.

On a positive note, it's good that you've got insurance for most of the damage and the police are actually coming to take prints. The last time this happened to me - the police (who were only up the road) said they were lacking in resources and wouldn't be coming over even though we'd left everything untouched hoping they would.

I have also learnt the hard way (3 times) that an apartment garage is is a supermarket for the scum of the earth...

We have cameras in our car park, it has reduced the amount of break-ins by 90% but the few punks that have been

caught on camera haven't been brought to justice.

3 times Jamie? That sucks. Same story here, so what if they get caught on camera - in my case it was stolen plates so there was nothing they could do. I'm guessing if it's anything that isn't straightforward (ie: the thief uses his own plate and they just find him using that) the police won't even bother spending the resources to find the thief, it's just not worth their time?

That sucks mate - It is very frustrating when people do things like this, If your insurance doesn't fully come to the party what insurance does your body corp have? Im sure you pay a security levy etc as part of your parking.

Hope it gets sorted for you promptly

That sucks mate - It is very frustrating when people do things like this, If your insurance doesn't fully come to the party what insurance does your body corp have? Im sure you pay a security levy etc as part of your parking.

Hope it gets sorted for you promptly

Not sure what sort of insurance body corp has, since I'm renting, don't actually own the place. But in any case I doubt items taken will be replaced by insurance. NZI for sure won't, since those items weren't covered, just spoke to them.

I guess there's a lesson to be learnt... don't leave your things in the car.

Now what would be cool is if you had tear gas or something similar that would start pumping after about 10secs after alarm goes off :)

- in my case it was stolen plates so there was nothing they could do. I'm guessing if it's anything that isn't straightforward (ie: the thief uses his own plate and they just find him using that) the police won't even bother spending the resources to find the thief, it's just not worth their time?

You never know, some thieves are really f**king thick! My brothers plates RXSHN were stolen (in Auckland), the thieves clocked up fines, police didn't believe my brother when he said they were stolen. Police in Whangarei found a couple of c**ts driving around with the plates on 6months later. My brother had the plates returned and an in person apology from the police.

Edited by M325is

Insurance has come to my rescue in the past but I hate the idea of my premium going up because some spinless little dickface & his mongrel mates & their silly made up pretend gang have decided it would be "ruthless" to break into my car.

I'm all for the idea of setting traps around the place. You know, tripwire shotguns, swinging logs & pits with sharpened bamboo stakes to skewer the little bastards. I haven't had any trouble with my car since I became ultra vigilant (vigilant = violent in this instance). Just an idea.

From experience, police tend not to put much effort into anything that doesn't yield an easy speed camera fine or the like but you might be lucky.

Karma has a way of sorting things out though man :)

Lets hope so :)

But at least managed to replace the broken window, thumbs up for Smith & Smith, did the job in about 45 minutes.

But it was such a pain cleaning up all the little glass pieces, I was vacuuming for about an hour.

The aftermath...

Flip man you were lucky ..they could have done worse depending on how desperate they were.

My BMW got tappered with last week by some hoon wanting to get in the door,flippin screwed my lock.

I have joined catchacrim.co.nz so i can post stuff ike this again.

Now what would be cool is if you had tear gas or something similar that would start pumping after about 10secs after alarm goes off :)

I like that one - should do an explosive as well and really stuff them