Sign in to follow this  
jjs

E65 7 Series

A general hobby of mine is watching the used car market, in particular Euros. E65 7's have come back dramatically in the last couple of months. For someone with around $40k to spend, you are getting a lot of car. Also with the age and mileage (if less than 120k), you can get no excess mechanical breakdown insurance which means you can drive it like a new car and if anything breaks, you won't have to pay for it. Why anyone would buy a new Commonwhore over one of these is beyond me...

'02 NZ New 745i 84kms $41k

'02 NZ New 745i 142kms $31k

'02 Import 735i 97kms $37k

'02 Import 735i 75km $36k

'03 Import 745i 52kms $46k

Why are there so many for sale at the moment, at what seems like very good value? I could see imports going very cheap due to issues with Jap iDrive / Nav etc, but local examples are priced very similarly...

They are a lot of car for the money. Wouldn't want to get one new *shudder* The depreciation would buy many many nice cars! Perhaps the reason the NZ New and imported ones are priced similarly is because there's a smaller market for them?