Sign in to follow this  
Guest Streetspec_is

Introducing my car

Guest Streetspec_is

well, i was back home(interstate) for a few days last week and managed to squeeze sum time in for some flix.....thout id show you louts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

got sum more here if u wanna squiz: my e30

cheers.

Guest MSBOND

iM STILL GETTING USED TO IT, I STILL LOVE MY CHROME TRIMS, AND I THINK CHROME LOOKS BEST ON BLACK SO CANT UNDERSTAND WHY ALOT OF YOU PAINT IT?????????????

Guest Streetspec_is

thanks for the compliments guys.

paint what black MS BOND? the shadowline round the windows? iS's come with shadowline, i didnt paint it. to be honest, i usually like the chrome trim too. On my old car, it set off the chrome lip on the wheels beautifully.

Guest Spargo

Andrew, the NZ E30 plate is on a 1987 lachsilber convertible 325, it is often parked near my house, but i haven't seen it for a couple of months.

Jake, your car owns mine.

iM STILL GETTING USED TO IT, I STILL LOVE MY CHROME TRIMS, AND I THINK CHROME LOOKS BEST ON BLACK SO CANT UNDERSTAND WHY ALOT OF YOU PAINT IT?????????????

Are the CAPS all that neccessary...

:mellow:^_^;):ph34r::ph34r:

showing my E30 ignorance but what is in the "IS" engine wise..

Search my man.. i found lots of sites on the specs and sh*t but nothing on the designation of the 'is'.. im thinking it means "it sucks" :P jk.... "its sh*t" :D jks.... "one slut"...."its slow".. "Type R".. hehehe nah i dunno man injected and something else ?? bah im off to bed

(^^please note i was being sarcastic.. not to be taken seriously.. like most if not all my posts.. thank you)

Guest Andrew

just sport model really.. some nice little extras... For the 318is it means it gets the m42 instead of m40 i think.

Guest Streetspec_is

yea the S just stands for Sports...sports suspension, and yup, the 318iS got the m42 as opposed to the m40

well u learn something new every day...now if i could only remember not to forget to remember what im not supposed to forget what ive just remembered i forgot to forget

my head hurts... :blink:

Im pretty sure all it stands for is coupe.

Its supposed to mean sports, and it does coz it makes it a coupe. Nothing is changed other than the doors.

Suspension etc only gets affected i think in E46 models where you get stiffer springs...

SO yes. IS means coupe. (its kinda misleading, but yeah)

Edited by Dnz

Guest Streetspec_is

^ from e36 onwards yes.....in the e30 the only iSs were 325iS and 318iS....they shared the same chassis....using uprated M-Tech suspension...down here, and in the UK/Europe the 325iS got the M-TechII body kit aswell

edit: 'cept for the e36 4dr 318iS which was a homolgation special.

Edited by Streetspec_is