Sign in to follow this  
_BRS_

MY 320i E30

So after owning my car for 9 months now its time for an update!

When i first got it i just drove it and enjoyed it alot

IMG_0002.JPG.810bb0a1be2723e14687eb4ad1483768.JPGIMG_0003.JPG.701f2614e9d7fa52486ada53233e53a0.JPGIMG_0004.JPG.018d10263fd43896f6f2446a429c6418.JPG

Then the opportunity came up to buy a manual pre facelift 323i coupe in a very sad state that Luke (Boost Junky) sourced,

i jumped at the opportunity as this would kick start the manual conversion stage

so after about 3 weeks and hours of work we had completed the manual conversion,

before the manual conversion i started looking around for some nice rims and found a few sets i liked on Trade Me so after a long time of decision making i purchased the 17x7.5 Wolf rims, but i still needed something more to make the car "mine" so i purchased an mtech2 fibreglass kit off www.tyremate.co.nz and sent my car off to Matt who i contacted through Travis (naughty bmw) here in New Plymouth.

It wasn't looking good, the kit needed ALOT of work to even get it fitting on the car (even though it was brand new) so some HUGE hours went into this, while this was happening i got rubber on the rims and purchased a set of 60mm Jamex springs.

Then after getting my car back just over a week ago the new springs went in along with the new rims and the German plate i purchased in the recent groupbuy!

A big thanks must go to Luke for the many hours he spent helping me and also to Matt for the work on the kit

If anyone ever needs fibreglass work or painting done in the Taranaki area i would highly recommend Matt (ROGUE DESIGN)

Heres the finished product

ENJOY

Blair

carfinished002-1.JPG.1a67ce641fd54a711e0817326026004d.JPGmattspics023.JPG.f4560d7880d718b97eed8227a5ac48af.JPGmattspics018.JPG.de0d499f96749d51d47e0b9061e54bd9.JPG

mattspics022.JPG.bb723894632ffad2fed2bcfaea5c5006.JPGDSC00088.JPG.aa930dc94ef8fcdcff13ea8e6722f5a3.JPG

Edited by _BRS_
  • Like 1

Not sure on the eyebrows? But excellent job, love the look, white is the new black.

Looks awesome.

How much was the kit from TyreMate.

Edited by Skrillz

Looks awsome Blair, big difference from what it was, well done.

looking sharp, good effort!

Sick mean wicked. And I bet its even better in person.

No tech2 spoiler?

White Tech II FTW!! That looks awesome man.

White is the new Black :D. Looks wicked Blair.

Jesus that looks ALOT better! I don't actually mind the alloys ether, nice choice dude. Oh and keep it spoilerless on the rear 4dr tech2s look much better without them

Wow, Dude that looks really good, Such work put into that but looks like its deffinatly worht it, looks like a whole new car! What happend to the other wheels on it before?

Looks awesome.

How much was the kit from TyreMate.

the kit cost about 1350 + gst but i dont reccommend getting one from them as it needed soo much work to get it fitting

Wow, Dude that looks really good, Such work put into that but looks like its deffinatly worht it, looks like a whole new car! What happend to the other wheels on it before?

the old wheels are just sitting in my garage, might need them some day you never know

cheers for all the comments guys, i love it, its definantly worth all the money and effort.

personally i like it without the spoiler as well but never considered putting one on any way and as for the eyelids i love them, they make the car look more meaner/ staunch which is what i like. :D

very cool,

only thing i would change is the tyres look too small, are they 205/40?

very cool,

haha they are 195/40, going for the stretched look

Jesus that looks ALOT better! I don't actually mind the alloys ether, nice choice dude. Oh and keep it spoilerless on the rear 4dr tech2s look much better without them

YES! Spoirlerless is the way blair +1 on that, please dont put one on haha will kill the car :P

very cool,

Haha if he went any wider in the tyres they would guard rub, they do now when the car squats or going along bumpy roads. You might need to get your guards rolled like mine blair, go see charles at mag & tyre. Gotta get mine done again tommorow, oh we still gotta go for a photo shoot sometime with travis his should be going soon :D

Luke

veeeeery nice, come a long way from how it first looked, looks great!

YES! Spoirlerless is the way blair +1 on that, please dont put one on haha will kill the car :P

Haha if he went any wider in the tyres they would guard rub, they do now when the car squats or going along bumpy roads. You might need to get your guards rolled like mine blair, go see charles at mag & tyre. Gotta get mine done again tommorow, oh we still gotta go for a photo shoot sometime with travis his should be going soon :D

Luke

the offset must be around ET10 then? or spacers for some odd reason? I run 205/50 on a 16x7.5 and theres no rubbing at all, could probably go to a 225/45 with only a slight guard roll if anything. You should easily be able to run 215/40 on those rims without trouble if the offset is right (~ET25). I just don't see the point in running a smaller tyre for looks.

If you want the streched look go hard or go home, 7.5" just isn't enough to do it properly. some deep dish 16x9 B)

Your car though so whatever suits you, just my 2c. Everything else looks sweet, similar colour scheme to my car with the black wheels and polished lips, looks really nice with the tec2, I like how you've kept the chrome window trim too.

Mike

Edited by Mike