Sign in to follow this  
_BRS_

MY 320i E30

Very nice, I like those wheels, wonder if they come out an inch wider?

The kit looks very good, the imitation kit has the advantage of no sag as its one piece.

the offset must be around ET10 then? or spacers for some odd reason? I run 205/50 on a 16x7.5 and theres no rubbing at all, could probably go to a 225/45 with only a slight guard roll if anything. You should easily be able to run 215/40 on those rims without trouble if the offset is right (~ET25). I just don't see the point in running a smaller tyre for looks.

If you want the streched look go hard or go home, 7.5" just isn't enough to do it properly. some deep dish 16x9 B)

Your car though so whatever suits you, just my 2c. Everything else looks sweet, similar colour scheme to my car with the black wheels and polished lips, looks really nice with the tec2, I like how you've kept the chrome window trim too.

Mike

yeap im running spacers cus i think the offsets like +42 or something, the wheel only rubs on one side on some fibreglass that matt had to add to the kit to attatch it, not the guards, but its slowly getting worn away on the fibreglass bit and i can sand that little bit off any way, no biggie

i do agree with you on the wider wheels though but the ones iv got now are fine for me atm, can always change them further down the track like alot of things i dream of eventually doing, gota stop somewhere though

Edited by ---blair---

the offset must be around ET10 then? or spacers for some odd reason? I run 205/50 on a 16x7.5 and theres no rubbing at all, could probably go to a 225/45 with only a slight guard roll if anything. You should easily be able to run 215/40 on those rims without trouble if the offset is right (~ET25). I just don't see the point in running a smaller tyre for looks.

If you want the streched look go hard or go home, 7.5" just isn't enough to do it properly. some deep dish 16x9 B)

Your car though so whatever suits you, just my 2c. Everything else looks sweet, similar colour scheme to my car with the black wheels and polished lips, looks really nice with the tec2, I like how you've kept the chrome window trim too.

Mike

Yea his offset is weird as he said so hence the spacers... the 195s are rubbing like blair said but im wondering if he had a 205 on there wether it would rub on the actual guard not the fiber glass piece on the kit as he stated.

Mate!!! That’s an awesome job you did to your bma!!!

A+++!!!!

I bet you get the mean looks aye?? hahahahaha :PB)

Edited by BMW Sila

yeap im loving it!

had lots of positive comments from alot of people when i have taken it out

cheers for the interest

Soooo its about time for a small update on a few small changes...

as some will know from my other posts i have put in a set of blue leather recaro sport seats which are great!

also added a set of clear front and side repeaters a few months back.

Just recently i have put in new shortened shocks all round and front bump stops, and got a much needed wheel alignment! the handling has much improved and more enjoyable to drive, especially cornering!

Just last week i got round to getting some tints, got 35% all round,

Also just bought an SE steering wheel today so hopefully have that in before the new year...

As with any update there must be pics! so here are a couple i got today on another day in Taradise!

enjoy

blair

random301108027.JPG.0204b5a5912c8fd5a01b82e75fa49380.JPGrandom3011.JPG.604d2dbb671143cea838a93180421c4d.JPG

Edited by _BRS_

when i respray and cage next year, maybe I shud delve over to the white side :P

Wicked!

You thought about fitting a tech II spoiler? Either way it looks tits.

Whats this about white? Black is the new black! :P

Mean! What wheels are they? Are they the right offset?

Wicked!

You thought about fitting a tech II spoiler? Either way it looks tits.

hmm na never wanted a spoiler... i used to like them but spoiler-less has grown on me alot

Mean! What wheels are they? Are they the right offset?

they are Wolf rims, got them off trademe,

no they aren't the right offset, running 25mm spacers

all the right offset wheels for e30s are ugly apart from those new alpina rims zenetti has just got in, il eventually save for some big dish wide 16s!

I like it, and although I like the clean bootlid look, I think yours would look good with the techII spoiler - make it look beefier/tougher.

Where'd you get the clear indicators. I need new ones.

Edited by bravo
  • Like 1

I like it, and although I like the clean bootlid look, I think yours would look good with the techII spoiler - make it look beefier/tougher.

Where'd you get the clear indicators. I need new ones.

hmmm maybe i should look at getting an alpine white bootlid with a tech2 on it and just swap them over whenever i feel like it! haha

just got the indicators off trademe from "eurolights" i think

Soo it was a "SE" steering wheel, lol

Looks great, but you still need to all red those tail lights :P

SOO HOT!

Your Sedan and sir e30 Touring are my top pics to own.

You should get aftermarket Black taillights.

SOO HOT!

Your Sedan and sir e30 Touring are my top pics to own.

You should get aftermarket Black taillights.

cheers man! a comment like that means alot, sometimes its hard to believe the cars actually mine and iv done all that work haha!

gutted you sold your tech2 e30 now?

hmmm na i wanted to get smoked waaay back but glad i didn't, doesn't look right on a white car IMO

Yea flag the black tail lights blair but i like the idea of the all red tail lights that would look mint. Your car looks perfect how it is IMO bro I think a spoiler would wreck it. My 2c B)

ps. black is better :D

Edited by Boost Junky