Sign in to follow this  
elmarco

Cheap 330ci on Trademe

"...the reg expired last years (as we've already got a big fine for it) it's not on hold as we still drive it everyday..." You what???

As said, it will go up, although it is a nice car- I think I parked next to it the other day.

Too good to be true you reckon Yuen? Hope so for my bank balance and sanity's sake if nothing else anyway.... Got it on my watchlist to see what it goes for in the end.

If it goes for under $20k I think it will be pretty good buying for someone (assuming it only needs the panel work on the door). Hate to have to do anything serious on one $$$$$$$$$!!

I'll place my bet on it selling for $16k.

How can you not have enough money to warrant and register it? Its not a $500 sh*tter... Seems a bit odd, just like when people sell cars with supposed easy fixes that they can't complete because they are "too busy"

I'll place my bet on it selling for $16k.

How can you not have enough money to warrant and register it? Its not a $500 sh*tter... Seems a bit odd, just like when people sell cars with supposed easy fixes that they can't complete because they are "too busy"

He (or she I guess) does say that the business has failed - so I could believe being tight for cash. But it is suspicious that the cash has been tight since January 2007 (no rego since then) and the car is only going now. Totally agree though - it isn't a $500 Vauxhall Chevette (are they still worth $500??) so why not warrant it at least - unless there is a reason not to. Does a VIR tell you why a WoF was failed (if at all)?

Also says the trans has been replaced by JC BMW. That also makes me suspicious - I thought they were pretty strong in that regard.

I don't feel so gutted about the price now :rolleyes:

Too good to be true you reckon Yuen?

Yeah... can't say much without speaking to the owner obviously but the seller's descriptions and answers are a little odd.

I wonder if the dents can be pulled via the paintless dent removal? Would be reasonably cheap if so?

Also says the trans has been replaced by JC BMW. That also makes me suspicious - I thought they were pretty strong in that regard.

e46 transmissions have a very slight pause when changing from P to D or vice versa. If you happen to rev in that pause, you stuff that transmissions.

If you're seriously thinking about it, take it to Team McMillian to get a pre-purchase inspection. Best $200 you can spend.

Already upto $17k. No longer a bargain.

I like the coupe style but that light grey interior and wood really don't go together. First thing I would do as the new owner is replace all the wood effect.

Second thing is to get different OEM wheels on it.

Third fix the dent.

Other than that it looks like ok.

I heard about the "no revving during the pause" thing. I am now very carefull to make sure I don't do it.

No not for me - I already have the same thing with less dents in it.....

Yeah I agree Wild_Weston - the grey looks pretty blah. Hadn't heard about the trans issue - will have to be careful not to do that to mine!

So it finished at $17k...

Seems like quite a lot considering the issues and the strange wof / reg status.

So it finished at $17k...

Seems like quite a lot considering the issues and the strange wof / reg status.

Not yet - finishes May 27th. Yeah - getting expensive for the number of issues.

e46 transmissions have a very slight pause when changing from P to D or vice versa. If you happen to rev in that pause, you stuff that transmissions.

I've been thinking about this and wonder if it is more active driver abuse than anything else. As in stomping on the gas before dropping it in gear for wheelies - not a couple of extra RPM's accidentally while dropping it into gear.

I just can't imagine that BMW allow a fragile transmission to be used on a million or so vehicles... They have so much to lose reputation wise (as well as those cars repaired under warranty and the risk of a recall in the US).

My 2c worth anyway.