Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon*

'91 850iA $12,500 Quick sale!

Need deep pockets to repair/run that baby! The only decent 8 series was the CSi, the M8 without marketing approval.

As a financial decision that would probably rate alongside investing in Zimbabwean currency...

Especially when it is advertised as having electrical issues.

O ye of little faith

;)

Si,

You could sell the purple petrol eater, buy it and all the money you save by not driving it could be spent on fixing the elec's.

If your lucky it just very dirty connectors etc, as they are known for this otherwise it could get vewy vewy expensive, the biggest issue is getting replacement parts here as just about everything would have to come form overseas, and then due to the complexity fo the 8 you dont always know which issues are what.............

having said all that, it does look rather tempting............

If it is the car I think it is it was a very nice well cared for animal prior to its last keeper............

Doug,

Should I kick the m5 into the street for this ????

Guest Simon*

Doug,

Grunta in that long list under you name I see an obvious absence of 8 series ;) What are you prejudiced?!!!

You some kinda 8'ist?

Flick a 7, you've got them to burn - I'll help you clean the contacts and we'll get Doug to pay for gas. Simple

Doug,

Not when he also says 'starts & runs but smokey'

Not when he also says 'starts & runs but smokey'

Have weakened and saked him just what the issues are with the car, no response as yet however......................................hhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I looked up the car on carfax. It has not had a warrant since 2006 sometime, also at that stage it had only done 90,000 (ish) km's. Somehow it has done 35,000 more km's with no WOF.

Something seems rather dodgy.

Cheers

Grant

Doug,

Grant,

I think you should not be looking at other cars at this stage as I am still waiting for you to

start paying for the 4 e23's you were keen (and still are,from what I can gather re,your last email) on, now coming up to 16 months back.

If any thing maybe we should swap your m5 for the e23's.

that way

1. we get this over and done with.

2.you will have some credibility left

marty

021 438 735 just in case you have miss placed my number

Grant,

I think you should not be looking at other cars at this stage as I am still waiting for you to

start paying for the 4 e23's you were keen (and still are,from what I can gather re,your last email) on, now coming up to 16 months back.

that way

marty

Maybe you should clarify which Grant you are talking about here, I have no bloody idea what you are on about, and I would hate negative dispersions on my character or integrity.

Thanks and cheers

Grant

Edited by Grant

Maybe you should clarify what Grant you are talking about here.

Thanks and cheers

Grant

sorry my mistake.

that would be OLDSKOOL aka Grant Harvey of Hawks Bay region

cheers marty

sorry had to edit;had to correct my school C spelling

Edited by topcat

:D

sorry my mistake.

that would be OLDSCHOOL aka Grant Harvey of Hawks Bay region

cheers marty

:D Thanks Marty.

Grant,

that way

marty

Marty,

Pleased to see you still have your wonderful sense of humour, given that no one else has come forward and made you an offer on the e23's and also given that in light of the current vehicle market I am prepared to pay a very health amount for them I must say that your current approach is less than appreciated.

We have gone over this a number of times, you are aware of the circumstances that I have been faced with over the last months and I am also aware of yours.

If you choose to air dirty laundry in this forum, I will be happy to reciprocate................

Needless to say, if you want to continue taking cheap shots at the only person willing to pay over the odds for some old cars due to an incurable bmw illness, I will be happy to leave you and the cars to it.............

If you have something to say to me from this point on I would expect you do so in the appropriate environment, you also have my number......................

Nuf said I feel...............

Marty,

Pleased to see you still have your wonderful sense of humour, given that no one else has come forward and made you an offer on the e23's and also given that in light of the current vehicle market I am prepared to pay a very health amount for them I must say that your current approach is less than appreciated.

We have gone over this a number of times, you are aware of the circumstances that I have been faced with over the last months and I am also aware of yours.

If you choose to air dirty laundry in this forum, I will be happy to reciprocate................

Needless to say, if you want to continue taking cheap shots at the only person willing to pay over the odds for some old cars due to an incurable bmw illness, I will be happy to leave you and the cars to it.............

If you have something to say to me from this point on I would expect you do so in the appropriate environment, you also have my number......................

Nuf said I feel...............

Grant,

yes the next communica will be more appropriate,

I do admit that my previous post was rather pointed,but with understanding on your side,

I do get itchy arm-pits when there is talk of something on TM that's caught your eye,

while we have unfinished bussiness.

with patience marty

This is quite good value!

You two are squabbling like a couple of old ladies.

Maybe next time use the PM function...

I'm hearing you and couldnt agree more

However now that Marty & I have had our wee BMW ( Bitch - Moan & Winge ) I'm sure we will put our tea cossies and zimmer frames to one side and sit happily side by side and knit one pearl one in harmony................

Guest Simon*

Do some f**king study Jeremy or I'll ban you!

Do some f**king study Jeremy or I'll ban you!

Maybe you should. In actual fact, I dare you

Guest Simon*

Do it Simon, tough love!

He knows :)

I'm gonna smash him when he's not looking :ph34r:

This was almost better than the womans day. Wonder how that 8 is getting on... some one buy it for parts and give me the front seats.

I was so confused about what this topic was I had to go back to the initial post.

Keep it on topic please fellas.

Melow - how much would you pay for them? I might buy it if it has no rust