Sign in to follow this  
Napier_E36

Hell

Well, its been the hell interesting and depressing 2 weeks - 2 weeks ago, i was on my way up to a mates place in my 325, looked away from the road for a second because i thought there was a car down this huge drop, and wandered over to the side of the road, and whacked a bank. Quite hard. The damage aint bad, considering, but its still enough to be gutting. Im refusing to drive it till its straight - and since i dont want to be claiming on insurance (not bad enough to lose my no claims bonus) it will be a while - insurance premiums due this month and a huge fuel bill etc.

Then I got home, and my computer said "uh-uh, screw you, i need a vacation" and blew its ass up! only just got it back 30 mins ago....

Its enough to drive a person to drink/drugs - which i have seen plenty of both - at least i still got my wagon, so i can drive around, but a shitty Toyota Diesel aint the same as a BMW. (fullstop). End of story. (fullstop)

Ill post pics when i can be bothered going down to my nanas place and facing it again - too depressing to see it all f**ked up!

See on my sig how my back wheels sit in the gueards - i thought it was bad as to have it like that, but it turned out to be a huge hinderince - my back guard got pushed in, theres not much clearance with the back wheel, so not surprisingly, it rubs - we bashed it out with a rubber mallet to get it home.

sh*t man i heard from grant..didnt know any details....how bad is the damage? i know what its like to hit stuff! not much fun.....good luck getting her back up and running

ive done worse - but not to this car - this car is a lot differnt - i stacked my old pulsar quite badly, but it was a car to me - my bimmer is like an extension to myself - and it sucks when i cant drive it! Ive had a few things go wrong just recently, and i was using the car as a way to stay sane. Well that not work no more - so trying to find other ways! ill manage!

I have to pay my insurance premiums and my fuel bill before i can get the car going again, so if you dont see me on here for a while, check the insane asylum!!! it should be going again september at the latest. It will be coming back mean tho - M3 mirrors are definite - snapped my left one off when i hit the bank, but didnt break the mirror or the plastic casing. the front guard makes it look really bad because of the way it got pushed in at the top and bowwed out at the back. The front left door is scratched to sh*t, but fortuntly no dents etc. The back left door has a bit of a ding in it, and the back guard has been pushed in - im expecting 1 - 2g to repair.

It will come back meaner than ever - i will definitly be doing M3 mirrors - anyone know where i can get them from?

if i can find one (i have seen them on the net, but cant remember where) E46 M3 kit,

it will be all silver instead of silver and grey

(if i can find an insurance company to cover me) airbag suspension (bout 4g installed) - if not then i will hopefully get cover for coilovers

etc etc etc

mmm airbag suspention!!

i think you can get replica m3 mirrors from www.n1kits.co.nz

lucky for me my mates in the buisness and can give me airbags for 2k installed!

and panel and paint stuff also which i will be taking advantage of as soon as my car gets serviced

Nasty, nasty, nasty.

She definately ain't cheap to repair, no jealousy here that's for sure

i had a look at N1 kits just before - i quite like one of the body kits there too - might have to buy up large with them i think.

Posted Image

The only definite thing is going to be the mirrors - everything else is flexable - even the paint job! but for c. 2500 they have the kit i want (until i spot somthing else that takes my eye!) (ahhhh - gimme that bloody eye back you bastard!) at the moment M3 mirrors for an e36 are $199 for a pair - thats cheaper than buying a second hand factory replacement for the left hand side only! why replace factory stuff with factory stuff when you can put on other stuff (even if they are only replicas) and make the car look even meaner!!!

dayum, i should go looking for new toys more often, its cheered me up ten-fold (soooo much more than the half oz did last weekend....)

Edited by Napier_E36

Must be "wide-body" time!!

I have a nice pic of one at work w/ no door handles and M3 Mirrors, very subtle flared arches.

I'll post it on monday.

Sorry to hear about the damage though.

Guest WAGON

blair that sucks dude if you need help just gimmie a text k

im keen to help fit a wide body kit :mosh: :mosh:

cant wait to see it looking all new and shiny :mosh:

yeah man, i would love to do a wide body, but who does that?? (where i mean) as for door handles, i think i need them to get in and out of the car - i think im a bit big to be climbing thru the windows!!!! :D

i can say that u wont be dissapointed at N1! the guys name who started/owns it is Mike, hes a real cool guy, real easy to deal with and is a legend at work.

i dont think he does many beama's so he'll probably have to import the kit in ( which is easy for him ) but neway hes good at work and a good guy so go to N1 :D :D :mosh:

Edited by ///Msport

Guest WAGON

and if you need to pick the kit up from auckland i will take you maybe meet?

lol

:pimp:

sucks to be you bud, least you can get better sh*t, think of it as a 'motivation' <_<

Guest Andrew

ah I hate to see it when sh*t like that happens -

can't wait to see the revised 325!

ive just got an email back - itl be about 2500 for the kit, so whilst im painting it i figure i might as well do the body kit! I am also seriously considering doing a carbon fibre bonnet on the deal - that should be cool - how many of those do you see around? none? yeah thats what i thought - there are certainly none around napier anyway!!!

Im in two minds at the moment - do it quick so i can get back to saving my sanity, or take my time and do it mean as, knowing that the longer its off the road, the more i can throw at it!!! I dont want to be taking out loans for it, i hate doing that, so ill just work and pay for it all in cash. When i get the body kit, i will be driving up to auckland to pick it up - stuff getting it couriered, they just dont seem to look after sh*t when its on the courier - look at what hapened to *sic, and when I was getting my 18s, the first set got lost between auckland and here - aparently they ended up in wellington - 3 weeks after the second set were on my car!!!

Its driving me nuts not being able to drive it, but i know it will be worth it and i will appreciate it more! I have the new headunit in there, and while its out of order, i think a decent boot install may be called for. At the moment its just a twin sub box housing the 2 pheonix gold 12s. I want to make it into a thing i can be proud of opening the boot to show off!!!

i've got a whole set that can be easily installed into any E36 boot for sale .... there is pictures in the rides section ..

thats an awsome looking enclosure man, but im quite happy with my 2 12s at the moment, how much do you want for the caps?

it's cap now .. i've only got one of them ...

they are 1.5 Fusion digital read outs .. i don't know how much they are worth these days ... mm maybe 200 ?? i could go and get a price on monday ..

i know how you feel.

when i got sandwichd in my e30. it was a week before xmas. I didnt get it back till 2months later coz the panel BEATERS where on hoilday for a month and i had to wait another couple of weeks till they found some front and rear bumpers from oz.

also got the whole car resprayed at the same time for an added 700.

so all in all i got new chrome front and rear bumpers, bonnet vents, full repray for $700

but not having my car over summer/new years.............priceless

Sux 2 b you

na seriously.shame your ass is on the "EAST" or i could have hooked you a Bimmersport panel repair deal...hehe

yeah i got some of the N1 replica mirrors on my ride...they look nice but not

100% functional...as they're left hand drive set up..i cant see the passenger side properly....well i could..but i need to do some f**king round with them..

when i get time..

procrastination 101

post-2-1090208083.jpg

cheers for all the help/support guys, im detirmined to make it mean! once the front guard is replaced it wont look too bad - mostly the paint at the back makes it look shocking! oh well, sh*t happens eh. those flaired guards look pretty mean. im off to get a quote for the panel and paint now, but ill be holding off till i have the bodykit.

its really unlucky whats happened to you man, but with your plans so far for the repair of your car it sounds as if its going to come out better than before. good luck and try stay sane, hah.

with your plans so far for the repair of your car it sounds as if its going to come out better than before

thats definitly the plan. If i was to claim insurance, it would be repaired to how it was. by not claiming, sure its off the road longer, but its going to be seriously mean when its out again....

i got a couple of hi-res photos from N1, giving close ups on the carbon front lip and the front part of the kit - got me sold on the carbon bit eh!! I cant attach them to this, it keeps coming up with this warning:

"Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed"

Any idea how to get around this?